Show me your WRB hatches

This is a discussion on Show me your WRB hatches within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm currently waiting on my 14 hatchback to come in. I don't know if anyone on here is like me, ...

Show me your WRB hatches

I'm currently waiting on my 14 hatchback to come in. I don't know if anyone on here is like me, but I've already bought a few things and have them ready to go on the car when it comes in. As far as mods I've bought the Rally Armor mud guards, rubber oem floor mats, cusco strut bar, and am currently trying to decide on which catback exhaust to go with and if I want to paint my stock wheels white or order the sparco assetto gara wheels. Other than that 15% tint and viper remote start alarm will be installed once the car is here.

I'm sure someone on here has to have a wrb hatch with tint and white wheels, lets see it. And if not, let see the wrb anyways

Btw I am in NE Philadelphia. Any locals on here with the SPT, N1 and Q300 exhaust so I can here them in person and not just judge by youtube videos?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

plastidipped. under $50, can't go wrong. no tints.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4763.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	136.3 KB 
ID:	115747
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx.jpg  

I Support ClubWRX
    My 2012 WRX WRB base (modded)

Day 1

Found some used Rota Grids

Picked up a roof rack & Yakima carrier

First autocross event

Out for a drive

Last edited by matsayz; 08-20-2013 at 01:54 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Another guy in my area, this one changed my mind on the blue with white wheels

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by matsayz View Post
    Another guy in my area, this one changed my mind on the blue with white wheels

I hate it when people park like that.

I Support ClubWRX
    White on blue is an awesome combo!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Those look awesome. Does anyone have the white sparco wheels? I'm debating if I should go gold or white lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I hate it when people park like that.
    Park like what? Up to the curb? In that spot you have to because of the tight corner in the parking lot.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by matsayz View Post
    Park like what? Up to the curb? In that spot you have to because of the tight corner in the parking lot.
    No what i meant was that they parked straight in the spot and pulled in rather than backed in.

Yes I mean up to curb. Drives me nuts. Not sure why but it does. When I see people pull up to the curb till their tires hit it just bothers me.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    No what i meant was that they parked straight in the spot and pulled in rather than backed in.

Yes I mean up to curb. Drives me nuts. Not sure why but it does. When I see people pull up to the curb till their tires hit it just bothers me.
    Ha if you say so. I back into spots at meets and that's about it. Rarely ever really.

i like the white plastic dipped wheels. they look awesome. i am waiting on my new 14 hatch PBP base wrx. i like the idea of white rims with the PBP color.

How long will the plastidip last, how resistant is it to rock chips?

I Support ClubWRX
    I had my wheels "professionally" plasti dipped. They did a better job than I did with the rattle can type but still not what I wanted. I take the car through car washes no problems, the ones with brushes btw. It's getting dirty but still contrasts well. It's been 3 months at least and holding well. They say it can last for over a year but we'll see. I did mine white to see if I wanted to powder coat them, answer is yes sir

plastidipped three times, so far. by the time i did it for the second time, people thought it was professionally done. comes out great. really smooth.

Follow directions from dipyourcar.com's youtube channel, and you should be ok.

key points (all stated in videos, but ignored by me the first time, lesson learned):

1. plastidip when it is warm out, if not, warm cans in hot water before applying.

2. be systematic in you application (i.e. hit the rightside of the spokes, then the leftside., outer edge, inner hub, then the face of the rim, repeat).

3. if you don't mask the tires, make sure your overspray is just as heavy as intended spray area, if not, it is a bitch to peel off, trust me! now, i mask most of the sidewall and leave 1/4" gap of exposed tire between rim and mask. sprayed this area just as much as rim and it is easy to peel off when done. and, definitely put tire shine on this area before applying, makes peeling off overspray even easier.)

as far as durability, each time i swap between winter and summer setups, i change colors. so, the longest i ever had on is 8 months, never a problem.

if you ever need to parallel park, it is a no-brainer, plastidip. if you scratch a power-coated rim, you will be bummed.