How to protect the hood

This is a discussion on How to protect the hood within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, My WRX for its 1st chip on the front of the hood. I was thinking of buying that ...

How to protect the hood

Hey all,
    My WRX for its 1st chip on the front of the hood. I was thinking of buying that clear armor for the front of the hood. But don't know what exactly it's called or where to buy it?
    Thanks, Bandi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I think you mean a "Clear Bra". Try doing a search for "Clear Bra WRX" and you should get some results. Often dealerships offer it but sometimes window tint places do it as well. The Subi paint is not exactly the awesomest lol so most subi owners know your pain... Good luck and make sure you keep us in the loop on this!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I had mine done at the dealership. It was only about $300 for 18" up the hood, under the door handles, and the side skirt areas common to rock chipping. They sent my car out to a shop with a 3M machine, and so far it's holding up pretty well. Colorado roads aren't paint friendly lol.

Thanks guys. Where I had my tint done, I believe does this. Maybe I'll go back and get an estimate. I'm a bit upset about its first chip. :-(. I even keep a very safe distance behind other vehicles for this purpose. I'm keep you posted.