STI Headlights on WRX?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on STI Headlights on WRX? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was just wondering if anyone has done this? I have a 2013 WRX sedan and like the blacked out ...

STI Headlights on WRX?

I was just wondering if anyone has done this? I have a 2013 WRX sedan and like the blacked out headlights that are on the STI....will they fit?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am by no means an ''expert'' but I have held both WRX and STI headlights in my paw at the same time and they are the exact same headlight (aside from the HID ballast mounted to the bottom of the STi's) so I see no reason why they won't fit. The only issue I see is I am unsure if they are plug and play, you may have to tap into a wire or two but again, I am no expert and really have no idea about the wiring issue.

For the record, all '08-'11 cars (both wrx and sti) have the black lights. All '12+ cars (again both wrx and sti) have the chrome ones.

OEM lights tend to be quite expensive, so most people just do a retrofit from either theretrofitsource or lightwerkz and paint the lights themselves. There are a number of write-ups floating around on how to do this.

Glad you're looking to make a full swap though, and not just plugging hid bulbs into halogen projectors and thinking you're good to go like a lot of folks do.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

Thanks to all.....still undecided on what I should do because I am working on the interior navigation and back dvd headrests....

Yeah if the only reason you are wanting to do the swap is to get the blacked out interior, save yourself a lot of money and buy a $7 can of plastic paint and do it yourself. You can even customize it however you want to. I blacked mine out, tinted the highs yellow, and smoked the turns so I have no chrome anywhere and I love them!

Quote Originally Posted by KOUPATROOPA View Post
    Yeah if the only reason you are wanting to do the swap is to get the blacked out interior, save yourself a lot of money and buy a $7 can of plastic paint and do it yourself. You can even customize it however you want to. I blacked mine out, tinted the highs yellow, and smoked the turns so I have no chrome anywhere and I love them!
    Pics?

Crappy cell pic is all I have right now, sorry.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	970044_508550625878272_1394166628_n.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	115601

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.