2010 WRX boring front bumper
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX boring front bumper within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, new to forum and proud so far to say my pre-owned 2010 wrx, which i'm enjoying. Only thing i ...

2010 WRX boring front bumper

Hi, new to forum and proud so far to say my pre-owned 2010 wrx, which i'm enjoying. Only thing i failed to notice when looking, was how much better most other hatchbacks look just bcz they have the flared out fenders and those little vents on the ends of the front bumper. Mine is so plain and smooth.

Does anyone know if i can get a stock one with the vents, and if it will fit mine? Some 2010's have them, so i must be able to get a bumper, or an aftermarket one? There's so much out there, i don't know where to go. I don't want to spend $2k on a body kit and installation, just want to add a somewhat better look. Also thought about just getting some of these end caps and trying to use them to give it something.

Thanks fellas. Here's some images of what i'm talking about.

My lame bumper:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nonvent.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	115551

What I'd like to have:

Name:	vent.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	115552

These are for 04-05. Do you think i could make them work on mine? Would be fairly simple and think i could get the paint close enough myself:

Name:	lip.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	115553

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The bumper you want is for the 2011+ models, and it will not fit your car. 2011 introduced the widebody from the STI to the WRX.

Not sure what options you have, maybe someone with a 2008-10 model will chime in.

Yes, the 11+ wrx and 08+ sti bumper won't fit, but I have seen some impreza with the bumper vents though.

I found this DIY, dunno if this might be something you would like to try.
    DIY: STI Front Bumper Vents - Do It Yourself - Mainely Subarus

Also if you put in vents, make sure they are secure. I lost one of mine and they aren't the cheapest to replace.
    '11 WRX DGM

Thanks guys, really hard to find bumpers out there. thanks for the link, that seems like a really good alternative. i'll probably do that.

Found a thread where someone did this, thinking about the carbon fiber ones, and just matching the edge with the silver. Will probably dry fit and see how they look before painting, and then paint them if it seems better.

Front bumper side vents ? - Page 7 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.