Appearance Mods
Results 1 to 12 of 12

This is a discussion on Appearance Mods within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey how's it going? I haven't had a chance to load up any pictures yet of my 2013 WRX limited ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    23

    Appearance Mods

    Hey how's it going? I haven't had a chance to load up any pictures yet of my 2013 WRX limited sedan but I will be taking some this weekend
    Now the question I have is can someone point me in the direction where I can find out what I can and cannot due to my REX without voiding any type of warranty?
    I like to tinker on my own cars and am trying to figure out what I can and cannot do.

    Thank you for your time
    V/R

    p.s. sorry if this is the wrong thread.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    He simply abides. SD_GR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CA, US
    Posts
    21,893
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YB_WRX_2013 View Post
    Now the question I have is can someone point me in the direction where I can find out what I can and cannot due to my REX without voiding any type of warranty?
    No.

    This might come close though:

    warranty?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

  4. #3
    The Member michaelwfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North GA
    Posts
    3,274
    I Support ClubWRX
    Well the title of your thread suggests you are speaking about mods to just the body/wheels/windows and nothing about the drivetrain. Is this correct?
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

    My "Build" Thread!

    2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

  5. #4
    Registered User Ampliified's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Warren Twp, NJ
    Posts
    660
    Contact your service manager and see how they are with modding your wrx some are okay with stage two others aren't happy that you added those sway bars its hit or miss.
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

  6. #5
    Registered User Miggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    Contact your service manager and see how they are with modding your wrx some are okay with stage two others aren't happy that you added those sway bars its hit or miss.
    +1. What Voids Your Warranty - 2011 Subaru WRX Acceleration - YouTube

  7. #6
    He simply abides. SD_GR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CA, US
    Posts
    21,893
    I Support ClubWRX
    If it's said, it's useless. If it's in writing, it might be useful. Even if it's in writing, they can simply say "no" and leave you asking online fora for advice, looking for lawyers, and with a broken car. YMMV. I'm not optimistic.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Well the title of your thread suggests you are speaking about mods to just the body/wheels/windows and nothing about the drivetrain. Is this correct?
    Yes but changing the light housing or modifying it won't that oid the warranty?

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    Contact your service manager and see how they are with modding your wrx some are okay with stage two others aren't happy that you added those sway bars its hit or miss.
    I plan on visiting them this weekend and getting more info thanks

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    23
    good video thank you

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    If it's said, it's useless. If it's in writing, it might be useful. Even if it's in writing, they can simply say "no" and leave you asking online fora for advice, looking for lawyers, and with a broken car. YMMV. I'm not optimistic.
    this is what I'm trying to avoid

  12. #11
    The Member michaelwfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North GA
    Posts
    3,274
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YB_WRX_2013 View Post
    Yes but changing the light housing or modifying it won't that oid the warranty?
    Your warranty can't be "voided" really. You can have warranty claims denied.

    Modifying your lights isn't likely to get an engine warranty claim denied.

    Subaru isn't that crazy lol

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by michaelwfox; 08-07-2013 at 07:41 PM.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

    My "Build" Thread!

    2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Your warranty can't be "voided" really. You can have warranty claims denied.

    Modifying your lights isn't likely to get an engine warranty claim denied.

    Subaru isn't that crazy lol

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2


    I know it seems crazy but I want to make sure ya know it's my new baby haha

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •