2011 sedan rear bumper replacement

This is a discussion on 2011 sedan rear bumper replacement within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so yesterday my rear bumper was scraped pretty badly... The damage luckily was isolated to the rear bumper though and ...

2011 sedan rear bumper replacement

so yesterday my rear bumper was scraped pretty badly... The damage luckily was isolated to the rear bumper though and everything else is fine. I called my local Subaru dealership where I purchased the car to get a quote on a new bumper and they said ~$250 for the bumper and ~$350 to paint it! This seems high to me. Is there a better option that I am not considering here? I have the metallic silver premium sedan. I assumed this would be more or less a snap on job as it is just a piece of plastic in a stock color... Any other suggestions? or should I just let the dealership take care of it and eat whatever cost they throw at me. BTW I have $500 deductibles so I am not trying to make a claim with insurance...
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you have any pictures of how bad the damage is?

$250 and $350 to paint sounds right.. Is it cracked??