H.I.D. issues
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on H.I.D. issues within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys... back again with another H.I.D. mystery. over the past weekend a buddy and I soldered in a new ...

Talking H.I.D. issues

hey guys... back again with another H.I.D. mystery. over the past weekend a buddy and I soldered in a new 9007 head light socket because the old one had burned from touching the engine. we thought all was well when today after work i went to turn my lights on and nothing had come on except the led's and the halo rings... im so confused on this one

please help and thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Since you said 9007, I'm assuming you have a USDM bugeye? It sounds like you have some crappy ebay headlights which are showing their build quality...

We have little to nothing to go on here. From what you've said, it sounds like your best bet is a set of stock lights.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

its an 03 bug eye yes but i had the light ordered in an entire kit preassembled so all i had to do was plug and play basically. it hasnt been the case at all so far. first problem was the passenger side light would work occasionally. i ended up purchasing a new ballast for it and it seemed to work for the most part. i then learned last week that the reason my light still flickered was because my warning canceller was bad. so this weekend i purchased two to replace both warning cancellers, but i will have them by friday. and now i have no idea what happened tonight but now i have no low beams...

I Support ClubWRX
    A shot in the dark (ahem...) that might work is reverting to correct bulbs. Suspect a short or open in the low beam circuit. Only a voltmeter will give specifics.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

At this point I'm thinking about just taking out all the wiring and doing myself like I should have done in the first place. Does anyone know where I can find a step by step video or guide to wiring the lights??

Best bet is to get a reliable kit with the correct bulb size. A few of my friends have purchased those eBay special plug n play kits. naturally, they failed after a short amount of time. Try and stay clear from splicing any harnesses from your stock lighting. Will end up being more of a headache to revert to stock lighting if you ever choose to do so. Let us know how everything goes when you put the new cancellers in. Maybe some pictures would help. Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.