Goo Gone?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Goo Gone? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm going to be debadging my '13 WRX this week and was wondering what was a good adhesive remover to ...

Goo Gone?

I'm going to be debadging my '13 WRX this week and was wondering what was a good adhesive remover to use on the worlds most sensitive clear coat and paint?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Goo Gone will work perfectly. Let it sit for a couple of minutes and you should be able to wipe it right off. With that said, if you take your time with the heating stage, you can probably remove the badge and the adhesive without leaving any residue - your car is so new it may only take a few minutes.

Goo gone will work but I would use something like a bug and tar solution made for cars. Goo gone tends to leave a haze that can be a pain In the ass to get off. I debadged my 2013 a few months ago. I used a heat gun on low , make sure not to get too close cause those little plastic letters get hot quick. Use fishing line or floss and after you heat it a little it will cut the adhesive then heat it again very lightly and use your thumb to roll the excess off. Some spots might look like they came off so clean that your don't have to do anything else but after car gets a little dirty or pollen gets on it it will show up like a damn water mark on dollar bills. I advise you to fully clean the area , hell clean the whole car while your at it!! Good luck

i debadged mine on a 95 degree day. pretty much fell off without much effort. and the adhesive rolled off with my finger. then i washed the car.. cause hey why not and it looked perfect.

i have used goo be gone to take off plastics on the rear doors i think the dealer forgot to remove... it was a pain in my a**. but looking back on it i feel like those weren't meant to be removed cause it was so difficult

Vegetable oil.

Peanut butter or mayonnaise are convenient. Smear it on and let it sit for a while.

Plain liquid oil in a rag or paper towel works too, but it may require more effort.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.