Potential Aftermarket Foglight Solution
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Potential Aftermarket Foglight Solution within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, I know I'm fairly new here and have no rep, but I made a phone call to Baja ...

Potential Aftermarket Foglight Solution

Hey all, I know I'm fairly new here and have no rep, but I made a phone call to Baja Designs in San Marcos, Ca this afternoon to touch basis with them about potentially coming up with an aftermarket fog light/ driving light solution to fit in the stock foglight location. If there is enough interest they will use my 2013 5dr to take some measurements and design the system. The system as of right now will be focused on 2008+. If there is more interest from the older models, I'm sure we can get you accommodated as well. Besides what I have posted, I don't have any preliminary information on cost or options, but again depending on interest, there could be a possibility for a group buy etc... My contact is going to talk to the design team and get back in contact with me hopefully by the end of next week. So if your interested reply to this thread or shoot me a PM with your year and model and I'll do my best to get the ball rolling a little more. I will also be spreading the word of this to NASIOC and SocalSubies as well. For further information about Baja Designs, check out Bajadesigns.com

Also for the record, I don't have any business interests associated with this company nor do I have any friends or family working there. Just trying to get some hookups for the WRX community.

-Art

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRX1371 View Post
    Hey all, I know I'm fairly new here and have no rep, but I made a phone call to Baja Designs in San Marcos, Ca this afternoon to touch basis with them about potentially coming up with an aftermarket fog light/ driving light solution to fit in the stock foglight location. If there is enough interest they will use my 2013 5dr to take some measurements and design the system. The system as of right now will be focused on 2008+. If there is more interest from the older models, I'm sure we can get you accommodated as well. Besides what I have posted, I don't have any preliminary information on cost or options, but again depending on interest, there could be a possibility for a group buy etc... My contact is going to talk to the design team and get back in contact with me hopefully by the end of next week. So if your interested reply to this thread or shoot me a PM with your year and model and I'll do my best to get the ball rolling a little more. I will also be spreading the word of this to NASIOC and SocalSubies as well. For further information about Baja Designs, check out Bajadesigns.com

Also for the record, I don't have any business interests associated with this company nor do I have any friends or family working there. Just trying to get some hookups for the WRX community.

-Art
    I would definitely be interested, if they can make a decent looking bigger fog for the 3rd gens.

On another note, I'm not sure I remember what the forum policy is on group buys and that sort of thing, you may want to contact one of the admins.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I wouldn't get to caught up with the "group buy" this whole process is still in its infancy.

I have a 2009 STI and would be interested, all depending on cost of course.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX1371 View Post
    I wouldn't get to caught up with the "group buy" this whole process is still in its infancy.
    Werd.

Well, as I said, I would love a well done alternative to the stock fogs. I didn't get them cause I dislike them so much. Yet another thing that the bugeyes had right that vanished in later years.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

im def down with this. i figured out how to mount some piaa lights in the fog light location but gave up on getting a bezel made... if you can get it done for a decent price I'm real interested.

I'm in Escondido, not far from San Marcos. I'm down for it.

Also interested, but i do not want to have to purchase the OEM fog light plastics. If they will make mounting brackets and use some big fogs i would be very interested.

Very interested!

Very interested

Count me in depending on looks and price!
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Very Interested
    TK-421, why aren't you at your post? Stink-Eye Mob #3131

count me in, the stock fogs are like the stock horns.. *wimpy wimpy wimpy

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm in for sure

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Definitely interested if this takes off.
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.