Roof wrapped, Blacked out tails and heads, 5% tint, and more...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Roof wrapped, Blacked out tails and heads, 5% tint, and more... within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just got my baby a little over a month ago, 2013 Subaru WRX sedan (pearl white). I won't go into ...

Roof wrapped, Blacked out tails and heads, 5% tint, and more...

Just got my baby a little over a month ago, 2013 Subaru WRX sedan (pearl white). I won't go into all the mods I've done in the exterior section but cosmetically I've done...5% tint all the way around, wrapped the roof in gloss black 3m vinyl, blacked out the tail lights and smoked the headlights with lamin-x films, dipped my hood scoop and side emblems, de-badged the entire back, changed the subaru emblems on the front and back by purchasing a vinyl from premiumautostyling.com, AKITA wheels and went up a size to 18s. Much more to come but here she is...a little dirty from the rain sorry.

Thinking of using the same vinyl I have on the roof, and doing the whole trunk and the whole hood as well, let me know what you guys think, I've been trying to make up my mind for the last week or so. Opinions appreciated. Thanks for looking!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Beyond illegal, 5% tints are completely unreasonable. Texas laws are 25% on the front and rear windows last time I checked. People don't recognize that tint laws are in place not just for you, but for other drivers to be able to see through your windows for oncoming traffic and while parking.

I realize this, and I'd say 90% of the time I drive both of my front windows are completely down...

I Support ClubWRX
    You do also realize that you have exponentially increased your chances of getting rear ended because someone will not see you brake because of the tints. In which case you will be held liable for the accident. Also no one will be able to see your turn signals further putting other drivers & you at risk. Not to mention decreased light output from headlights that are not bright to begin with.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Looks good in daytime and parked...but functionally, not smart at all. You're now putting other drivers at risk from not adequately seeing your taillights, brake lights, and headlights. And you also are minimalizing your own visibility of the road. Remind me not to drive in your area of Texas.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

You can actually see the turn signals and brake lights fine, its a dark smoke tint sold as a protective film, not completely black...would you like night pics? As for the headlights go, the tint is so minor it makes virtually no difference, not to mention I have 5k HID headlights and they are PLENTY bright. I wouldn't drive around in a deathbox putting me and others at risk so please hold off on the negativity if you aren't 100% sure on how the lights look or what my intentions are, thanks.

In person the lights aren't NEARLY as dark as they look in these pictures, same with the wheels...they look alot darker than they actually are.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by subWRXruFAN View Post
    I have 5k HID headlights and they are PLENTY bright.

Carry on.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    I think it looks great, but I have to agree with everyone on the safety comments. I hope you are right and it doesn't cause any issues for you and others.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey I just met you and this is crazy. Smoked my taillights, rear end me maybe?

Sorry, I had to bring that back. No offense to the OP. To each their own but I can't say I like the tails and headlights.

Did you at least do a real retrofit for those HIDs?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I was just curious how old are you??

Aside from the black roof, i think it looks good.

I am 22. Already thinking about taking the tints off with all the negative feedback

That might be the best thing to do, for your and other people safety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast