Multi-shield protection package
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Multi-shield protection package within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this, but here goes. Has anyone gotten the "Multi-Shield" protection package ...

Registered User mikal52waltincec's Avatar

Question Multi-shield protection package

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this, but here goes.

Has anyone gotten the "Multi-Shield" protection package from the dealer? Does the coating they apply on the paint and the interior actually help any? The cost was $878 and it included a windshield replacement, small dent and ding and chip fix, and wheel repairs or replacement due to damage on the road for five years. The interior cover is supposed to be stain resistant and the exterior is supposed to keep the paint from fading and resist chips. I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts who have gotten this before.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User mikal52waltincec's Avatar
    So I found out it's this product called Super Polysteel and since I've been able to do some research on it via Google and other car forums I feel supremely ripped off. I would have researched it and not accepted the package had the dealer allowed me to purchase it another day, they said I needed to decide then. The package sounds great, and I still might get my use out of it with the replacement windshield and wheel repairs should they be needed. Here's the website to this product: https://www.iasdirect.com/Products/SuperPolysteel.aspx. If I raise a fuss you think the dealer might do anything for me? I feel like they'll just blow me off, since it's already paid for and installed.

Thanks for the head work, as i was thinking about a nice paint protector that won't break the bank. I doubt the dealer would do much for you, but it couldn't hurt. Sounds more like the polysteel plus windshield/wheel insurance for X amount of time.

Anything a dealer tells you has to be bought right away is a bad sign. I may have just walked away from the whole deal if the sales person won't work with you. They are there to service you. But i digress. Not exactly the point of this section...

I Support ClubWRX
    Many (most?) dealer packages are near worthless to the buyer, big $$ for the dealer. Sorry to read you learned the hard way.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Subaru paint seems very prone to chipping. Since you have "small ding, dent and chip fix," hopefully this add on will be put to use repairing paint too.
    David - '05 WRX

In the latest episode of Stealerships...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.