Best deal on front lip you will find. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Best deal on front lip you will find. within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just bought mine from baysonR because by the looks of it they are a smaller business and I wanted to ...

Just bought mine from baysonR because by the looks of it they are a smaller business and I wanted to support them. They are both the same price.

Sent from iPhone
    2011 Base WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the Advan-Emotion on the car now. There is a tiny gap on the opposite sides of the lower front opening that most people either complain about or try to make if fit tighter. After a shot of black plasti dip the gap was not really as noticeable. Hit a parking lot curb hard enough to pop my front fender cover out in the corner, so these things do their job! The scratch on the lip is pretty deep and even another coat of plasti dip was not enough to make it look new enough for me. Order the BayonsR and have it on my table now ready to go on today. I can reply back my thoughts on this compared to the Advan-Emotion.

One note on the BayonsR is that it first appears to have better hardware to address the problem with the rubber mounts you get in the Advan-Emotion kit. Plus you get a cool little factory looking STi emblem to put on the front. And yes the new lip was $28 cheaper too!

Quote Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
    I have the Advan-Emotion on the car now. There is a tiny gap on the opposite sides of the lower front opening that most people either complain about or try to make if fit tighter. After a shot of black plasti dip the gap was not really as noticeable. Hit a parking lot curb hard enough to pop my front fender cover out in the corner, so these things do their job! The scratch on the lip is pretty deep and even another coat of plasti dip was not enough to make it look new enough for me. Order the BayonsR and have it on my table now ready to go on today. I can reply back my thoughts on this compared to the Advan-Emotion.

One note on the BayonsR is that it first appears to have better hardware to address the problem with the rubber mounts you get in the Advan-Emotion kit. Plus you get a cool little factory looking STi emblem to put on the front. And yes the new lip was $28 cheaper too!
    Finish installing the BayonsR lip just now. Much better fit then the Advan-Emotion lip; chuck that one in the trash. No gaps and great looking fit all the way around. One change was I drilled out the two larger center holes to reuse the factory push pins; the supplied ones were just too tight for the holes as is. Haven't hit with any Plasti Dip just yet. Ran the car through the brushless car wash after the install to get a good clean all the way around before I do. For less than $40 shipped it's a great deal!

Ah damn wish I got those instead oh well i'll make it work.
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Here is the baysonR lip installed. I think they stopped selling them because I can't find them on the eBay store anymore but the link that the OP posted still works. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373743612.047032.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	114927Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373743621.263723.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	114928Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373743635.130123.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	114929Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373743660.481248.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	114930

Sent from iPhone
    2011 Base WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1587 View Post
    Found this on ebay, they usually sell for about double this. Figured I'd let all of you guys know.

Subaru Impreza WRX STI V Limited JDM 2011 12 P P Front Bumper Lip Spoiler | eBay
    Thanks gamer.. just ordered mine.. 35.00 free shipping
    Rod
    2014 WRX SWP Premium sedan
    Stink-Eye Mob #57
    "Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility" - rarrior

Glad I could help.

Pretty nice for 35 bucks.

I ordered 2, for that price, why not? came in on Saturday, and I will be installing tomorrow morning at work.

I'm pretty happy with mine but I have a slight gap on each corner that I need to go back and try to adjust a little

Quote Originally Posted by dtraill27 View Post
    I'm pretty happy with mine but I have a slight gap on each corner that I need to go back and try to adjust a little
    I did as well I just drilled another hole and added more hardware to pull it flush

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    Think I could get it to work on my 08 base bumper?
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

I installed mine pretty happy with fit and finish. I also have the gap on each side can't see it unless you get even with the lip. Problem is the side metal brackets are bent where it does not pull it flush.
    Jeff

Where did you guys find it for $35. I only found them for $65

I Support ClubWRX
    Pricing changed. It was $35 when the thread was started.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.