Hid Head Light install Problem / High Beams

This is a discussion on Hid Head Light install Problem / High Beams within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I installed Hids on my 2011 Base WRX. Low beams work but I lost my High Beams. Checked wiring and ...

Hid Head Light install Problem / High Beams

I installed Hids on my 2011 Base WRX. Low beams work but I lost my High Beams. Checked wiring and it is correct. I bought the car used so I don't know if anything was changed. My high beams worked until i relaced the low beams and then they didn't work at all. I can't even flick the lights. In a 2011 is the high beam bulb the saem as the lows? I replaced both bulbs with correct bulbs, h11 and 9005. Waiting to hear back from the company I ordered from, hidextra. Any help would be appreciated.

This is my first post but I have been lurking around the forum for a bit. Just bought a Silver 2011 Base WRX Sedan. I came from a Stage 1 2010 GTI 6-speed manual. My AP is being ordered as we speak .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The high beams & low beams are 2 separate bulbs. The high beams & DRLs are the same bulbs. Checked the fuses?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I called the company they said to reverse the polarity. So I will try that.
    Last edited by ElusiveSAV; 06-20-2013 at 09:12 AM.

The 9005 bulb is your DRL & High Beam, if you've replaced that bulb with a cheap HID but didn't bother to install an HID projector for it, you will no longer have a high beam... technically you'll be blinding people all the time anyway. An HID requires a Bi-Xenon projector with a cutoff shield that uses a solenoid in order to drop the cutoff for use as a high beam.

If you're going to install HIDs, do it right. See here --> The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications