Nameless axle-back ..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Nameless axle-back .. within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys. I hope this is in the right location. This is mainly for looks and sound, no performance. Mods ...

Nameless axle-back ..

Hey guys. I hope this is in the right location. This is mainly for looks and sound, no performance. Mods please move if needed be and sorry in advance.

Looking to order a nameless for a 12 wrx wagon. Just confused as to what options to elect...

3" or 3.5"?
    Single wall or double wall?
    I know I want that staggered option for the flush look.

I think I'm going to go with the 5" muffler so it's louder but not too loud. I'm actually YouTube-ing it to try figure out the difference in noise between 4 and 5 inches. For long trips I don't want it to be annoyingly loud so delete is out.

Anyways, I was wondering for those that have nameless, can you post pics of the back if your car showing the exhaust... Please provide details on the tip, etc.

Also, when buying new, is the nameless website the only place to order? Prices on the site seem more expensive than what others say they paid new.

Thank you in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bump for any responses 😛

Can't help you with any pics but I had the muffler deletes on my 13 sedan a few months ago. Your'e 100% correct about them being too loud. I had to remove them after 2 weeks, they sounded good outside the car but were just ridiculously loud in the car.

Thanks for feedback. I figured it be loud. I think 5in mufflers would be a good balance.

I now just have to figure out how they look on the car. 3in vs 3.5in tips and single wall vs double wall.

I Support ClubWRX
    Call nameless and see if they can direct you to any links or send you pics of what you want. I have the sedan 3"in muffler delete double wall staggered tips flush. I will try to upload a pic for you. As for sound. Everybody's perspective of loud and not loud is different. With that said I love the tone and loudness for the muffler delete. It's not any louder then my buddy's q300. I think if I went with the muffler version I prob would be disappointed. I even lug a 6yr old in the back and he loves it.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's not the best pics but hope the pic gives you a idea.

I Support ClubWRX

Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar
    I think you're smart going with the 5" mufflers.. I have the 4" mufflers on mine, and they're fairly loud at times.

I have some pics in the link below, which show you my install with the 3" double-wall tips. They look great to me, but some might want the 3.5" tips to show off the fact that it's not stock. For me, I preferred that stealth factor.

Project WRX: Nameless Performance AxleBack Muffler Replacement

Thanks guys for the pictures! I think this just helped me made a decision.

arggggh just went to the nameless website... only available size for the tips is 3.5";... 8(

It's only a half inch, it's not going to look all gaudy and stuff. It'll still look fine. I actually wish that I got the 3.5" double walls on mine. I have the 3" double walls and half the time people don't even know I have an exhaust, which is a good thing some times.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Here is the one I got. This is the 3.5 double wall staggered. They have 4" mufflers. They were a bit louder than I was expecting, but now that I have had them for a few months I love it. If you want something quieter its probably a better idea to go for the 5".

I have the 3 inch double wall staggered nameless with5 inch mufflers - I posted pics on my intro post. ( including pics compared to stock)

5 inch mufflers are almost too loud ( for me ) I got a headache and my car is otherwise stock. I deadened the panels in the trunk with stingray road kill stuff - it was no quieter but it seemed to resonate less and I no longer get headaches

But then maybe I am just a wuss . . The only reason I got the 5 inch mufflers was to avoid problems with the cops but now I am glad I did for my own sake

Oh also I heard interior noise is much more with the hatch than the sedan - it's much louder for me when I have the 60/40 seats down

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast