side badge/rear trunk piece

This is a discussion on side badge/rear trunk piece within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i want to change the color of my side badges and the piece that on the trunk right above the ...

side badge/rear trunk piece

i want to change the color of my side badges and the piece that on the trunk right above the license plate, not sure what thats called. anyways, i want to do them either a really dark grey, or black, i think dark grey would look better, and also do the WRX lettering on the side badges in red. im not sure how to do this at all, how to remove side badges or anything, so if anyone has ever done this before or has any ideas/pictures you can post on here and show me id really appreciate it, thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Spt has a carbon fiber piece that you can put on the trunk and the side bages will come off by just pulling on the piece its held on bu clips. Its goes from the top of the badge down to the side skirt. Its all one piece. I have a dark grey on mine .

i dont really want carbon fiber, id rather have a dark grey color

I Support ClubWRX

I believe the side badges are attached by double sided tape.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

ok, removing them shouldnt be too difficult, but how would i paint them? what do i use?i want to paint the actual badges dark grey, and make the lettering red

get one of these:

--Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Well since your in TX I would get VHT High Heat Engine Enamel and a crayola for the red sounds like a weird mix but it works

Im sure what ever paint you use is fine just make sure to prep the area before hand with some fine sandpaper and if you want to color in the letters some people have used touchup paint.

you can also do a forum search and find a few threads about painting side badges
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

You can buy the special edition side badges in black (the ones for the orange wrx) for $30 each online somewhere... I have them on my car and they were very easy to install (being OEM), and look nice. I have a hatch so I don't have the rear ... thingey... issue.
    2013 DGM WRX - Perrin CAI | PW TMIC | Forge BPV | Cobb DP | GS EBCS | DW 65C Pump | Perrin ELH & Uppipe | NGK One-Step Colder | Bren ProTune
    Best Time (on 4.21.13): 12.26 sec @ 113 mph