E-Z Lip for 2013 Subaru WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on E-Z Lip for 2013 Subaru WRX within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 Why spend for an EZLip when you can go to Home Depot and buy the ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Why spend $30 for an EZLip when you can go to Home Depot and buy the same damn thing for literally $10?

SMHLOLROFFLECOPTER.

A drill gun? You can't get a drill anywhere? Hell you could apply the replica limited lip with 3M tape just the same...
    its not the same thing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bayson r replica lips ive been happy with. but go for it. doesnt seem bad. but its like foam..
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post
    its not the same thing.
    How isn't it? Cause it's branded "EZ Lip" and sold for more?

Installation instructions say all you need is scissors...and that if it comes any shorter than 7.5ft, return it. I bet it gets delivered to you rolled up in a plastic bag!

Just saying...it doesn't look bad at all. And if you're happy with it, that's all that matters.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I am just testing it out and helping others who were interested. Thus the reason for my post.

It's different because is angled for proper fitting. Unlike a "garage strip" from Home Depot/Lowe's/Your local grocery/hardware store and requiring to purchase 3M tape and sizing it yourself. EZ Lip has a universal fit for your model. I requested for the 8.5 ft EZ-Lip which was due to the extra length for the GV8 model.

Its not bad for the price. And yes because it says EZ-Lip and they gave me a brand sticker. LOL

Thank you for you input though. I will look into more lips in the future with higher quality and durability.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    bayson r replica lips ive been happy with. but go for it. doesnt seem bad. but its like foam..
    Your right...its definitely more foam then rubber. It has somewhat of a feeling of rubber but when you look carefully you see black painted colored foam inside the textured exterior. Which is how it brings itself back to shape if hit, bent etc.

The quality looks good. However, I am wondering what it looks like while driving 65mph on the freeway...

I guess I will have to experiment if it folds/bends while driving at certain speeds. If so, I am definitely returning the item.

I will update ASAP.

yea thats what i wondered about like highway +. may bend or fall off. see how it goes. for 30$ cant beat it...can always use it as a home door draft guard if you dont like it haha
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post
    Your right...its definitely more foam then rubber. It has somewhat of a feeling of rubber but when you look carefully you see black painted colored foam inside the textured exterior. Which is how it brings itself back to shape if hit, bent etc.

The quality looks good. However, I am wondering what it looks like while driving 65mph on the freeway...

I guess I will have to experiment if it folds/bends while driving at certain speeds. If so, I am definitely returning the item.

I will update ASAP.
    Any feedback with this? Quite interested to see how durable it actually is.

I Support ClubWRX
    I bought one as well, but haven't installed it yet. The rubbery foam does seem pretty high grade, though.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38◊10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I say skip the EZ lip and get the V lip as others posted above, it is an actual lip and not considered ''ricey'' like the EZ lip (aka Home Depot Lip) is in other car communities.

I found the V-Limited lip for $34.75 shipped so it is only a few buck more expensive but look better and will last longer than the EZ lip. Here is the link-

Subaru Impreza WRX STI V Limited JDM 2011 12 P P Front Bumper Lip Spoiler | eBay

The other issue I have with the EZ/HD lip is that I have seen several people install it improperly on front bumpers that aren't flat (ie our bumpers). The only thing I would ever consider the EZ lip for is side skirts but I would still rather get actual skirts even if they cost a few bucks more.

I had an ez-lip on my miata before I bought my WRX. It looked awesome... from a distance... It actually began to come un done after 10xxx miles or so. I promised myself after buying it last time to actually do things the 'right' way on my next vehicle even if it meant saving for more expensive parts.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUPATROOPA View Post
    I say skip the EZ lip and get the V lip as others posted above, it is an actual lip and not considered ''ricey'' like the EZ lip (aka Home Depot Lip) is in other car communities.

I found the V-Limited lip for $34.75 shipped so it is only a few buck more expensive but look better and will last longer than the EZ lip. Here is the link-

Subaru Impreza WRX STI V Limited JDM 2011 12 P P Front Bumper Lip Spoiler | eBay

The other issue I have with the EZ/HD lip is that I have seen several people install it improperly on front bumpers that aren't flat (ie our bumpers). The only thing I would ever consider the EZ lip for is side skirts but I would still rather get actual skirts even if they cost a few bucks more.
    Thanks, I'll most likely go this route. These look to be more sturdier than the EZ Lip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12