Custom paint and decals. Tribute work.

This is a discussion on Custom paint and decals. Tribute work. within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So my subie (08 WRX hatch) has a bit of body damage, mostly dents and dings from a rough life ...

Custom paint and decals. Tribute work.

So my subie (08 WRX hatch) has a bit of body damage, mostly dents and dings from a rough life in parking lots and I will soon be sending it off to paint and body repair. Its OBP color right now and I will be keeping it that way with some custom flake and stuff like that. As an Army vet I want to maybe do some kind of tribute to all my brothers in arms. I dont know if I should have decals made up for after paint or if I can do something that goes under the clear coat. Truthfully I dont know crap about paint and customizing. I cant even paint a bathroom without hating life. What are my options? I'm not going to go big, I want it to be one of those things you have to actually pay attention too to realize its there. I have some ideas in my head but I dont know what route to take. Any help? Should I do custom paint under the clear or a decal over the finished product or what.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    do you plan on keeping it forever? If not then do decals.

I'm pretty much going to hold onto it till it dies.