Chrome window trim delete
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Chrome window trim delete within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know there are vinyl kits out there to disguise the chrome trim, but I want something permanent. I saw ...

Chrome window trim delete

I know there are vinyl kits out there to disguise the chrome trim, but I want something permanent. I saw a 2011+ WRX hatch the other day and the OEM window trim is black rubber. Does anyone know if this trim will fit 2010 WRX doors? I know it's a long shot that anyone knows but doesn't hurt to ask. And YES, I've tried the plastidip and I don't like the results.
    2010 WRB WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by boone1186 View Post
    I know there are vinyl kits out there to disguise the chrome trim, but I want something permanent. I saw a 2011+ WRX hatch the other day and the OEM window trim is black rubber. Does anyone know if this trim will fit 2010 WRX doors? I know it's a long shot that anyone knows but doesn't hurt to ask. And YES, I've tried the plastidip and I don't like the results.
    I don't see why it wouldn't fit, but it would be a bitch to change out. I did the overlays and am happy with how they have held up and how easy they were. You could paint them too.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I don't see why it wouldn't fit, but it would be a bitch to change out. I did the overlays and am happy with how they have held up and how easy they were. You could paint them too.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled them because I removed them to paint them. I prepped the surface but the paint didn't stick. Now they look even worse then before!
    2010 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Plasti Dip always works well. I have had mine for about a year and not too bad

if you were to switch hatch trim you still have the chrome trim on the C pillar window

Did you spray some Adhesion Promoter before you painted?

2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah i would say plasti dip them
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

They're plasti dipped now. The thing is when I painted them I sanded the surface with 300 grit and then whipped clean with isopropyl alcohol. I didn't apply adhesive promoter. The paint started to chip off so I took it to a car wash and sprayed real close to the trim to remove paint. Well that damaged the rubber on the top and bottom of the chrome so now I wanted to completely replace the whole piece. If the black hatch trim fits ill just buy that and then I'll cover both bases. That's why I want to know if anyone knows is the fitment will work.
    2010 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    well according to 2010 SUBARU IMPREZA Parts - Subaru OEM Parts Accessories | Buy Genuine Subaru Parts Wholesale they list as different parts depending on sedan or hatch
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Of course they do because they're different styling! That doesn't mean the mold for the mounting points isn't the same.
    2010 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    If you have access to a service manual they might have a detailed view

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

looks good.... i did the same with a black vinyl wrap.... took like 15 mins with a steady hand and razor.. and its removable b4 i sell

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.