Mud Flaps keep dirt off doors?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Mud Flaps keep dirt off doors? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Even after an hour of driving my wrx sedan has kicked up an incredible amount of dirt on my doors ...

Mud Flaps keep dirt off doors?

Even after an hour of driving my wrx sedan has kicked up an incredible amount of dirt on my doors and the rear of the car. If i get mud flaps will this stop? any suggestions on brands?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    They definitely help.

Lots of people get Rally Armor.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

ClubWRX.net Vendor Fast Tuning Products's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    They will certainly help out. Also help stop from throwing rocks up off the road.

We keep the rally armor in stock.
    Available Nights and Weekends Via E-mail and Private Message!!
    We want to Earn your Business!
    Give Us a Call Monday - Friday 10a-6p EST to order by phone!
    724-708-3044
    Need a price matched or beat? Email Us: sales@fasttuningproducts.com
    Like Us on Facebook: www.FaceBook.com/FastTuningProducts
    www.FastTuningProducts.com
    We Accept Paypal/Visa/MasterCard/American Express/AMEX/Discover

They will do almost nothing for dust or spray back. The dry dirt roads around here can be really dusty and the sides and back of my car are till covered with the flaps. They protect the side of the car from gravel being tossed up a good amount though. they protect from some mud but as soon as the wheel turns the mirror and front quarters get blasted. In snow, it seems that snow and ice build up a little less in the wheel wells but still builds up.

Is my car cleaner after installing them? Slightly, but my rocker panel paint is definitely happier.

I have DIY UR flaps from home depot and rallylights.com, you can make any size and shape you want if you go that way.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Yes. They help quit a bit in my road conditions which this time of year is mostly wet pollen, rain, and gravel from the winter busting up the roads. I can tell you generally, my paint is much cleaner and has much less scratches with them on. I have a black car and can tell you I only take them off in the summer, and when I do, its obvious the mud flaps do their job.

Theres many options for mud flaps out there. I would suggest them...my opinion. Hopefully this can get can you started.

Mud flaps for the WRX/STi compendium thread - NASIOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.