PLEASE HELP ANYONE! FOG LIGHT THREAD 2011-2013

This is a discussion on PLEASE HELP ANYONE! FOG LIGHT THREAD 2011-2013 within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have searched everywhere and can not find anything. I want nothing more than to find a legit way to ...

PLEASE HELP ANYONE! FOG LIGHT THREAD 2011-2013

i have searched everywhere and can not find anything. I want nothing more than to find a legit way to mount some 5-6" driving lights/fog lights in the bumper similar to the old style wrx that have them in the lower corners.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fog1.jpeg 
Views:	79 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	113895Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fog2.jpeg 
Views:	79 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	113896

there seems to be enough room on my 2013 bumper to mount them there but no one seems to do it. anyone that has an opinion, good reason why you can't, information or pics on the subject please comment/post pics! PLEASE HELP ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    1. It would look stupid.
    2. Due to the lack of threads on this, it appears the rest of the Subaru community feels the same.
    3. If you have any sort of fabrication skills, it wouldn't be that hard to measure and cut.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

i can measure and cut bro. just was looking for something a little more professional than chopped plastic. and if u think it would look bad, plenty of people mount them on a bar and the 06 wry look good with them? but i respect the opinion. and please excuse me im new to the subaru community. i really like the rally look. do u think it would be better to just mount them in the middle?

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno17wrx View Post
    i can measure and cut bro. just was looking for something a little more professional than chopped plastic. and if u think it would look bad, plenty of people mount them on a bar and the 06 wry look good with them? but i respect the opinion. and please excuse me im new to the subaru community. i really like the rally look. do u think it would be better to just mount them in the middle?
    I think a light bar is a better looking option. I still don't like that look either.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i just threw this together in photoshop. hopefully it helps your decision

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I think that looks pretty good, actually.

I think it looks pretty good too. Especially if the bezels were painted to match the rest of the car. I'm digging the thought Ryno

Thanks everyone and nice photoshop skills. So there seems to be no bezels currently that will house a 5-6" light huh? It's not that cheap/easy to mold plastic/ fiberglass.

It doesn't look bad, but if you need the actual light, look into a legitimate projector retrofit that gets aimed properly.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying