Windshield crack
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Windshield crack within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys need your help. I have a 2013 wrx with 6300 miles, with a cracked windshield caused by a ...

Windshield crack

Hey guys need your help. I have a 2013 wrx with 6300 miles, with a cracked windshield caused by a rock chip in the highway. Its on the middle top part going to where the rearview mirror is located. Will subaru cover for a new windshield under warranty?
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Im on the same boat, no warranty will not cover it, depending on your deductible from your insurance file a claim, or pay out of pocket. I got a quote from safelite for a replacement, 380.40. if the crack can be covered by a dollar bill then they can repair it.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

If I use my insurance, will my insurance go up? Also, I don't think a dollar bill will cover it, so what does that mean? Safelite won't replace it? Then what are my other options?
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Your insurance shouldn't go up but then again it will depend. Call and see how much your deductible is too. I know I would be paying out of pocket since my deductible is $500 and the repair or replacement would be less than that.
    2011 5-Dr SWP WRX Limited
    1999 Titanium Silver BMW M3 - SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    I had a cracked windshield and it was covered by my insurance and I paid my deductible for it. My insurance didn't go up as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

As It turned out my deductible is 1000. So I just paid out of pocket.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

I have state farm and you get one glass replacement free every year. They even did it when i locked myself out of my truck and kicked out the rear window.

dont ask...

Quote Originally Posted by ehren View Post
    I have state farm and you get one glass replacement free every year. They even did it when i locked myself out of my truck and kicked out the rear window.

dont ask...
    Really? Sweet! My insurance doesn't have that
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Yeah I had a mean rock hit my windshield and my insurance covered safelite to "repair it." They pretty much clean out any loose bits and fill it with an epoxy. Everyone told me it I wouldn't be able to see it and it'd be fine but it hardly looks any different (possibly worse). The point is for the crack to not get bigger or spread, which it hasn't, so I guess it works. If I get sick of it I have to pay out of pocket for a new windshield.

I've heard about the statefarm free repair. I've heard it works well for those who offroad jeeps haha.

Wow I was quoted $902 from a local place and it was a "dealer only part" so I just had them repair the chips.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengy2345 View Post
    Wow I was quoted $902 from a local place and it was a "dealer only part" so I just had them repair the chips.
    That thing better be bullet proof for that price.

Safelite quoted me around $365 to replace my entire windshield.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

I did call safelite but just for the repair estimate, guess i will try them if it ends up spreading. Thanks for he info!

South Carolina requires insurance to provide 2 windshield replacements per year at no cost. Just got my wife and I new windshields. Register your car down here.

Be a long drive to work everyday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast