Windshield crack - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Windshield crack within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I ended up going to a shop called grandsport ehere they did it for 320 so look around!...

I ended up going to a shop called grandsport ehere they did it for 320 so look around!
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you have the heated section under the wipers?

Mine was 400 but not a Subaru windshield.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    Hey guys need your help. I have a 2013 wrx with 6300 miles, with a cracked windshield caused by a rock chip in the highway. Its on the middle top part going to where the rearview mirror is located. Will subaru cover for a new windshield under warranty?
    Just a few tips from someone who works insurance claims.

If you have glass coverage, the deductible is lowered significantly ( set.differently by each state ). If you dont it is going to be your comp deductible.

The higher quote i saw someone post is most likely for OEM glass, the cheaper quote has to be aftermarket.

Since the vehicle is same year, or within one year of the.current year, be sure to request OEM glass. Most insurance companies will honor the OEM glass.
    2011 wrx sedan DGM

-35% window tint
    -Torqued performance stage 1 (using tactrix)
    -Continental DSW tires

Just wanted to throw out some information. I live in CA and have gieco. I am having my windshield replaced tomorrow through my insurance. Safelite was unable to repair the crack because it moved under the window mouldings and is over 6" long. Using OEM glass, safelite quoted me $800 before taxes for the repair, however ill will just be paying my deductible of $200.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12