Carbon fiber hood and stock hood struts.

This is a discussion on Carbon fiber hood and stock hood struts. within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well I figured out how to use the stock hood struts with the new carbon fiber hood. I went and ...

Carbon fiber hood and stock hood struts.

Well I figured out how to use the stock hood struts with the new carbon fiber hood. I went and bought some square tube aluminum 1"x1/16" and cut it in half. I marked the spots where the hood bracket and the strut bracket bolts would go and drilled the holes in it. It bolted up great and there is no gap. The final length of the tube was 21 7/8"

I had to notch it out a little bit for the strut bracket

And I hade to notch the holes in the strut bracket so the holes would line up when it was inside the square tube

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's pretty cool!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Not bad at all!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Thanks!!!!! It was my dads idea, I was telling him why I couldn't use the stock struts and he was like " why not just put a piece of metal from the hood bracket up as far as you can go and mount the strut to it and that would place the pressure on the whole hood instead of just right where the strut is" and I said " damn why is everything so easy to you?"