Painted flares in hood scoop/How-to remove front hood grill 2012 Wrx,
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Painted flares in hood scoop/How-to remove front hood grill 2012 Wrx, within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys/gals, this is my first how-to post so I hope it helps. So I was bored the other night ...

Painted flares in hood scoop/How-to remove front hood grill 2012 Wrx,

Hey guys/gals, this is my first how-to post so I hope it helps.

So I was bored the other night an decided to paint the flares insides my hood scoop, which I was thinking of doing for a awhile so it wasnít an impulse move. They are spray painted with a red engine paint from any auto parts store.

It order to remove the front hood grill(wind flares and rubber air duct for intercooler) there are 21 plastic clips that will need to be removed. To remove this you will want to use a flat head screw driver. Carefully get your screw drive under the top of the tab and twist until tab pops up and remove clip. You can remove the insulator, but is not really necessary, just be careful not to pull back too far you donít need a lot of room to get the clips out.
    Hereís what mine end up looking like. They can be a little hard to see until you get a few feet from the front of the car, but I like the little subtle things that you may not notice at first glance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9GhqB39.jpg   nPR93GA.jpg   qePDIBQ.jpg   ugGthfu.jpg   Ukr2PMg.jpg  

uPUxPeh.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks good. I really like this. Might give it a try this summer.
    '13 WRX Limited PBP hatch
    2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650 Adventure

Nice write up!
    That is a neat look on the DGM. I'm definitely going to consider this.

Not gonna lie.. I've never even noticed those inside there...

Nice job!

nice
    Last edited by itiswhatitisnt; 04-28-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Thanks for the complements. I wasn't going to do it cause it seemed like pain in the ars for something I wouldn't even see, but Im glad I did.

How hot do they usually get could I get away with not using heat paint
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

I already had some red caliper paint, so I just used that. It gets hots enough to make heat waves off the hood, so I would think it gets pretty hot and high temp is pretty much the same price. I would just go with high temp paint to be safe, if it flakes or melts where is it gonna go....

As stated above if possible use high temp paint. Sitting in the sun it will reach at least 200įF (estimated). It's not worth saving a few bucks just to have to go back and do it correctly after it blisters
    '13 WRX Limited PBP hatch
    2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650 Adventure

Time to buy some Red engine paint and some more SprayMax 2K

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.