'13 Headlight not Functioning
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on '13 Headlight not Functioning within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Went to wash my car tonight and the drivers side headlight low beam didn't work. All of the other lights ...

'13 Headlight not Functioning

Went to wash my car tonight and the drivers side headlight low beam didn't work. All of the other lights worked, turn signals, parking lights, fogs, high beams and the passenger low beam.

1. DDM HID kit installed on the low beams that were working fine. (was going to remove them this weekend actually)

2. The headlight housings were disassembled and painted black 2 months ago or so and have been fine.

I put in a regular halogen thinking nothing of it, that it must be the cheap ddm hid bulb and the halogen didn't do anything either

Would this just be the wiring harness in the headlight assembly? Any way I could test and see if it is the headlight assembly or something deeper? What could it be beyond the headlight itself?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you have any relay harness on the car while using that HID Kit? If not, you could have pulled too much power through the oem harness and messed it up. Check the connection with a multimeter to see if it's getting power. Im not sure if the headlights share the same fuse, but that could have blown as well (I'd probably check that first).

It wad the fuse in the engine bay, I just pulled the cheap Hid kit and put in h9 and much happier!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.