Subaru make badge removal
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subaru make badge removal within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so after nearly a week of searching I am breaking down and posting, because for the love of god, ...

Subaru make badge removal

Ok so after nearly a week of searching I am breaking down and posting, because for the love of god, of course I know how to take off the "subaru" the "symmetrical awd" and the "wrx" plastic lettering.

I want took know how to remove, so I can paint, my oval 5 star subaru make emblems.

I saw a tutorial on a bugeye but that was the front grill badge (which I haven't even looked at). I pulled apart the trunk and saw 2 studs in the back. So idk where to go from there. As well as what has to be done to remove it from the front of the car.

This is on a 2010 wrx. Any help or reference will be much appreciated.

Sent from my GS3

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The subaru badges are held on by 3m 2 sided tape and the blu oval set inside the chrome is held on the same way. I have been talking with Nate at rebadge design and graphics to order some carbon fiber ovals to replace the blue ones and also spoke with my dealer on ordering a new set and that's what they told me . Hope this helps

I went behind the subie oval kept breaking the fishing line. Guess I'll have to bust out the heat gun then.

Sent from my GS3

I should have finished haha . I'm going to take a heat gun and a small composit trim removal tool and pry them off. I think this will work for you. Those studs that you seen in the back are for aligning it up when you put them on.

Same idea on the front as well?

Sent from my GS3

I Support ClubWRX
    What year is your car? The 3rd gens oval is not held on with tape. It is bolted on. You can access the bolt under the covering material in the back. You just peel it back.

2010 idk know my gens yet like I did volkswagen, but I'm learning. All I know is bugeye hawkeye stinkeye

Sent from my GS3

Thanks for that info 11blacksti . I didn't realize they would be different like that. That's good to know

11blacksti I had the trunks materials pulled out. I just saw plastic chrome studs. Which I tried to bang out with no success. I did not see bolts on the underside at all.

Sent from my GS3

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SDub View Post
    11blacksti I had the trunks materials pulled out. I just saw plastic chrome studs. Which I tried to bang out with no success. I did not see bolts on the underside at all.

Sent from my GS3
    Hmmm...Well either way, the fishing line won't do the trick. I'm assuming you tried prying them out the opposite way? I was going to just take mine off when I debadged by car until I realized that it was actually attached and would leave a hole in the trunk!

Yeah I can't believe I can't find anything on this. I almost felt like it was connected when it ate through my 10lb test. I gotta figure this out grrr

Sent from my GS3

I was told that those were guides for aligning them. I need to know this also so I don't break them to remove the ovals out of them. They are any where from $60 to $80 a piece. I though I would get a set and have them done but I was ordering them for my legacy also .

Why not just put on a overlay?
    -NAS

2000 AUDI A4 - Totaled
    2001 AUDI A4 - Sold
    2011 SUBARU WRX (LR) - DAILY
    MODS: Pioneer AVH-p4300dvd - 30% Tint - Smoked Tails - Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit w/ DDM Tuning 35w5000k - Fender vent led turn signals - Auto Meter Boost Gauge

Cause custom paint is wayyyy more fun

Sent from my GS3

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    What year is your car? The 3rd gens oval is not held on with tape. It is bolted on. You can access the bolt under the covering material in the back. You just peel it back.
    Same with the 06-07 Subaru emblem on the trunk.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast