Front Bumper Scratch...Help!

This is a discussion on Front Bumper Scratch...Help! within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; First week of owning my 2013 WRX and I scratched the bumper on another car backing out of a tight ...

Front Bumper Scratch...Help!

First week of owning my 2013 WRX and I scratched the bumper on another car backing out of a tight spot. I threw a hissy fit, but I've accepted it and need some advice on repairing it (ASAP). How much should I expect to pay to have this repaired at a body shop? Is there a way I can do it myself and make it look flawless? How much would that likely cost? Thanks!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	113406

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Depends on the shop. We have a 3 stage paint which means itll cost more to fix, not to mention theyll have to blend in that area with the fender, hood and rest of the bumper. anywhere from 450-800 (rough estimate)
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

That's quite unfortunate. Would the whole bumper need to be painted or just the area and then blended in?

Just the area and then blended, about how old is the car?
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

2013...literally has been driven for 4 days.

There are places that sell rattle cans with our paint in it. If your good with painting or know someone else who is look up how to DIY, $50 for the can and maybe $11 for some clear coat.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

Sounds like a worthwhile option. If it doesn't go well, I can always bring it into a shop. Thanks a lot!

No problem. research is key with blending.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

From your previous comment, it sounds like I should use a can rather than a paint or brush. Is this correct?

I'd say it was like that when you bought it

Dang that sucks. Just got my 2013 a week ago and already need paint work for mine too

Somebody keep hitting the lower part of my bumper with something while it was parked in my driveway and left two nice paint scraps on the lower corner; not once but twice they did this. Used some "Scratch Off" and touch-up paint and now park inside the garage. Really hate when a new car less than 6 months old gets ding'd.