Rear diffuser
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Rear diffuser within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone have a picture of the varis rear diffuser for thev2013 wrx......if anyone knows where I can purchase it also ...

Rear diffuser

Anyone have a picture of the varis rear diffuser for thev2013 wrx......if anyone knows where I can purchase it also please provide the info.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    At $500-$600 it seems like a huge waste of money for something that goes under your car & has little to no functionality.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

--Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Rod
    2014 WRX SWP Premium sedan
    Stink-Eye Mob #57
    "Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility" - rarrior

Bulletproof Automotive

or

Email Mark@bulletproofautomotive.com

2-4 month lead time on production/shipping
    The Turboturtle Build Log
    Spec Ops Motorsports
    ETS GTX3576r -- GSC S2 -- 9:1 Compression Motor

Yea I did google it...i wanted a picture of the rear end of the car with the back end facing me not at an angle.....

rage: how do you know it does not work?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sbl30
    rage: how do you know it does not work?
    How do you know it does? It's the responsibility of the company to prove there's a positive gain to account for their price tag. If you're solely interested in aesthetics, that's fine. It's not up to us to convince you it does/doesn't offer you a performance gain...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Does the varis diffuser fit on the hatch?

I Support ClubWRX
    In principle a rear diffuser is used to increase air flow under the car thereby creating a low pressure that then sucks the car to the ground to increase downforce. I doubt Varis spent millions on wind tunnel testing the parts for aero efficiency. If it were as simple as slapping on a rear diffuser for more downforce, racing companies wouldn't be spending millions on car design.

Of course it may look cool. But these cars have many ways of going faster around a corner & the money spent will give you functional mods with a lot more satisfaction of being inside the car driving it rather than looking at it from the outside.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Judging by the depth, I'd say that it does have some functionality (obviously not as much as a purpose made diffuser) but it's definitely not just an aesthetic item. They also make purpose built aero items for time attack teams so I would wager that the knowledge they gain from that venture would carry over to their products aimed for street use.
    Spec Ops Motorsports

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Orestes85 View Post
    Judging by the depth, I'd say that it does have some functionality (obviously not as much as a purpose made diffuser) but it's definitely not just an aesthetic item.
    Maybe at speeds exceeding 100mph or on the track but not for everyday use. If you look at race cars the entire bottom floor has been covered by a flat plate that directs flow to the rear diffuser that then channels air, increasing flow towards the rear to increase down force. So anything with just a rear diffuser would cause turbulence IMO. Plus look at time attack car rear diffusers. They are all parallel & close to the ground & do not have an upward direction as in that diffuser in the pic.

I am not doubting the company. But F1 teams spend millions in wind tunnel testing on rear diffusers. Especially in the last couple of years. And even many of them couldn't get it right.

No offense to the OP. It is his money & he can do what he wishes. But personally there are thousands of $ of mods I would do before getting to a rear diffuser.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Oh, I have no doubt it does little to nothing on the street.
    Spec Ops Motorsports

I worked as an aerodynamic engineer once......I'll find out the specs and just calculate to see if there is a difference or not......everyone has an opinion but there is no data that shows it doesn't work.....and didn't check to see if there was any that proves it does work....fact over opinion.

I Support ClubWRX
    Doesn't work doing what? What is it supposed to do? A difference in what?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

i think they look nice..would i buy a Carbon fiber one? no. would i buy an ebay one. maybe one day. but i think they look nice and most likely no street performance gains, its a nice looking piece IMO.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.