Tail light tint removal NEED HELP
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Tail light tint removal NEED HELP within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I bought my 2004 WRX and noticed there was a light tint to my tail lights, and it just ...

Tail light tint removal NEED HELP

So I bought my 2004 WRX and noticed there was a light tint to my tail lights, and it just made them look dirty so i decided i wanted to remove it. Heard GOOF OFF was a good way to remove it, let it soak on the light then wipe off after hours of this and some sanding its time for me to put a clear coat on my lights. Anybody know what grit sand paper I should use before i start to spray the clear coat?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I applied/removed tail light tints on my old car 4 times and they're still looking new today. I wet sanded with soap, started with 600, 800, 1000, and finally 2000. Then polished it with Meguiars ultimate compound. I did not apply clear coat, but if you want to that is up to you.

*I started with 600 because they were really blacked out. Start with finer grit if they're 'smoked'.
    -NAS

2011 SUBARU WRX (LR) - DAILY
    MODS: 30% Tint - Smoked Tails - Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit w/ DDM Tuning 35w5000k - Fender vent led turn signals - Kartboy short throw shifter w/ bushings - Flossy Shift knob

If its night shade, ive used gasoline on my tailights and lots of scrubbing but it come off easily! After you just have to do a restoration of the clear lens and it looks brand new!!

yea im tried to get the tint off my 02 tails... used rubbing alcohol..didnt work well...its 30$ for replacements so im just going to get new ones or 04-05 tails..
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Ended up doing finishing with 2000 and using good some polishes. Thanks!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.