Question about the WRX/STi trunk+wing

This is a discussion on Question about the WRX/STi trunk+wing within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know it was probably discussed before but I couldn't find any threads about it but do you really need ...

Question about the WRX/STi trunk+wing

I know it was probably discussed before but I couldn't find any threads about it but do you really need to swap out the actual trunk from an WRX to install a STi Wing with an STi trunk? I'm confused as in why if this is the case. Only reason why I'm asking is because I'm planning on installing a STi wing when I place an order for a 2013 WRX this Summer. I appreciate the help.
    2003 Infiniti FX35 Sport Package - Metallic Copper

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    the easiest way to get an sti wing on your wrx is to swap the whole entire trunk.

IF your wrx is completely wingless from the factory, you can install the sti wing right on to your existing trunk with no problem

IF your wrx comes with a wrx spoiler from the factory, once you take that off to install the sti wing your existing holes will not match up. you will have to get those holes filled/sanded/painted/etc and THEN drill all the holes for your sti wing.

also, there is a thread on here somewhere about a member who put an sti wing on his wrx and DID NOT swap trunks. it ended up costing him almost $1000

see? its not worth it. just swap trunks

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thanks for the answer. I figured that would be the case and you confirmed it.
    2003 Infiniti FX35 Sport Package - Metallic Copper