Plate Relocator - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Plate Relocator within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; thats actually not bad, but here in jersey,the name of the plate has to be visible.. that wouldnt work...i've received ...

thats actually not bad, but here in jersey,the name of the plate has to be visible.. that wouldnt work...i've received tickets for having a license plate frame that covered the top half of "new jersey". as if you dont know what state we're in and what the license plate was... since then, i havent covered anything...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow that is really stupid. I've never herd of such a thing. Whats the fine?
    -NAS

2011 SUBARU WRX (LR) - DAILY
    MODS: 30% Tint - Smoked Tails - Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit w/ DDM Tuning 35w5000k - Fender vent led turn signals - Kartboy short throw shifter w/ bushings - Flossy Shift knob

Quote Originally Posted by 3G_REX View Post
    Wow that is really stupid. I've never herd of such a thing. Whats the fine?
    i dont remember what the fine was/is.. im sure its more now...

NJ Statute 39:3-33. Unclear / Fictitious Plates

39:3-33. Markers; requirements concerning; display of fictitious or wrong numbers, etc.; punishment

39:3-33. The owner of an automobile which is driven on the public highways of this State shall display not less than 12 inches nor more than 48 inches from the ground in a horizontal position, and in such a way as not to swing, an identification mark or marks to be furnished by the division; provided, that if two marks are issued they shall be displayed on the front and rear of the vehicle; and...

provided, further, that if only one mark is issued it shall be displayed on the rear of the vehicle; and provided, further, that the rear identification mark may be displayed more than 48 inches from the ground on tank trucks, trailers and other commercial vehicles carrying inflammable liquids and on sanitation vehicles which are used to collect, transport and dispose of garbage, solid wastes and refuse. Motorcycles shall also display an identification mark or marks; provided, that if two marks are issued they shall be displayed on the front and rear of the motorcycle; and provided, further, that if only one mark is issued it shall be displayed on the rear of the motorcycle.

The identification mark or marks shall contain the number of the registration certificate of the vehicle and shall be of such design and material as prescribed pursuant to section 2 of P.L.1989, c.202 (C.39:3-33.9). All identification marks shall be kept clear and distinct and free from grease, dust or other blurring matter, so as to be plainly visible at all times of the day and night.

No person shall drive a motor vehicle which has a license plate frame or identification marker holder that conceals or otherwise obscures any part of any marking imprinted upon the vehicle's registration plate or any part of any insert which the director, as hereinafter provided, issues to be inserted in and attached to that registration plate or marker.

Hey I'm in Chicago area. Did you ever get pulled over for this relocation?
    Rovi1989
    Chicago, IL
    2014 WRX Hatchback

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12