2012 WRX Rally Armor UR hanging length

This is a discussion on 2012 WRX Rally Armor UR hanging length within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've searched and didn't really find what I am looking for. I have a stock height 2012 WRX hatch and ...

2012 WRX Rally Armor UR hanging length

I've searched and didn't really find what I am looking for. I have a stock height 2012 WRX hatch and I am looking at getting Rally Armor UR flaps but I need to know exactly how low they hang from the car. I don't want the flap's dimensions - I want to know how many inches it hangs from the skirt of the car. I have a steep driveway and when I back up onto the street I want to know if I am going to scrape the flaps every friggin' time or not.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor Fast Tuning Products's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have a local here that has a stock ride height hatchback. I'll see if he can get a measurement for us.
    Available Nights and Weekends Via E-mail and Private Message!!
    We want to Earn your Business!
    Give Us a Call Monday - Friday 10a-6p EST to order by phone!
    724-708-3044
    Need a price matched or beat? Email Us: sales@fasttuningproducts.com
    Like Us on Facebook: www.FaceBook.com/FastTuningProducts
    www.FastTuningProducts.com
    We Accept Paypal/Visa/MasterCard/American Express/AMEX/Discover

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tuning Products View Post
    I have a local here that has a stock ride height hatchback. I'll see if he can get a measurement for us.
    Super awesome...that's what I'm looking for - actual measurements off a car!

Thanks! I appreciate it...

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tuning Products View Post
    Any news on a measurement?

[IMG][/IMG]

My car is stock ride height and I measured 3 inches from the bottom of the mudflap to ground. I too have a steep driveway and I can hear my mudflap rub the ground anytime I back out but it hasn't done any damage to them.

ClubWRX.net Vendor Fast Tuning Products's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Finally got a response back from him. They hang 3.75" down off the sideskirt in the front and 6.5" in the rear.
    Available Nights and Weekends Via E-mail and Private Message!!
    We want to Earn your Business!
    Give Us a Call Monday - Friday 10a-6p EST to order by phone!
    724-708-3044
    Need a price matched or beat? Email Us: sales@fasttuningproducts.com
    Like Us on Facebook: www.FaceBook.com/FastTuningProducts
    www.FastTuningProducts.com
    We Accept Paypal/Visa/MasterCard/American Express/AMEX/Discover

Just installed mine today. Only measured the back but they are about 3 inches from the ground! They do rub a bit when transitioning from my street to driveway and vice/versa...seems to depend on the angle I make the turn though...

I was debating buying some because i had this issue with my sti, but they did hold up even with the rubbing

Quote Originally Posted by noobaru View Post
    I was debating buying some because i had this issue with my sti, but they did hold up even with the rubbing
    I have been impressed with how they handle rubbing. I'm not rubbing a ton but enough to do some cosmetic damage if they were low quality. I am really shocked at how they literally look no different after rubbing...

Hoping to follow up on this (sorry for the old thread revival) but looking to get some flaps on my '13 Rex hatch. Do you guys experience rubbing on speed bumps?
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    Hoping to follow up on this (sorry for the old thread revival) but looking to get some flaps on my '13 Rex hatch. Do you guys experience rubbing on speed bumps?
    Yes. I'm stock height with stock wheels and my flaps do rub over speed bumps but I've seen NO damage to the flaps whatsoever.

Decisions, decisions....want flaps, but don't wan the, scraping on crap whenever there is a grade change. I'm in WA after all lol
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang