Keep it lookin new?

This is a discussion on Keep it lookin new? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I ordered my 2013 WRX 4 weeks ago so still at least 4 more weeks to go until it arrives. ...

Keep it lookin new?

I ordered my 2013 WRX 4 weeks ago so still at least 4 more weeks to go until it arrives. While trying to learn as much about the car as possible I have been reading all the horror stories about the paint. Now im trying to figure out the best way to keep it looking new are rally armor mud flaps the best way to go? Kinda don't like how they look but they may grow on me. Are they hard to install? I saw a bad video on youtube but now i feel like he took too much of the car apart to get them installed. I don't want to hack my brand new car apart. Any good links? Anyone have any tips to keeping the cars paint looking good for the longest amount of time? Any tips would help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    unfortunately they just have cheap paint so it aint easy. you can get mudflaps and clear bras to help protect what you can
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I have a 13 as well. I would definitely recommend rally armour mudflaps. Theyr'e not too difficult to install, just a little scary because of it being a new car.
    The scariest part was pulling the front half of the ground effect moldings off of the car for the install. I had to pull on them so hard that I thought for sure they were gonna snap in half, thankfully they didn't.

Here's the link to the video I used to help install mine.
    Rally Armor Urethane Mudflap Install - 2011 Subaru WRX STi Sedan - YouTube

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    unfortunately they just have cheap paint so it aint easy. you can get mudflaps and clear bras to help protect what you can
    +1 on the clear bra. I got the whole front end of my car done. It consisted of 1/2 hood, 1/2 fenders, Full bumper, A pillars, mirrors, The whole area under the doors, I had them remove the factory film on the rear door and replaced so they cover the whole flair, and The top of the rear bumper. Also get Rally Armors mud flaps they will eliminate crap getting tossed up to the side of your car.

I did all of the above and owning my car for 2 1/2 years driving on gravel roads, sandy icy roads and my car is well protected. I completed a full detail on my car this last Saturday and my car still looks like it just rolled off the dealer floor.
    Last edited by KHP; 03-18-2013 at 06:55 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

Thanks that's a better video

I have a 2013 and I did the RA mudflaps as the first thing, and I think they help quite a bit (and I like how they look).

I also did not do the clear bra, but I went with a coat of Opticoat on the car. Driving through the winter of Massachusetts, and all the salt/sand/rocks/chunks of concrete they put down on the roads, I wish I spent the money and did the clear bra on at least the front 1/4.

I have a 2013 and I did the RA mudflaps as the first thing, and I think they help quite a bit (and I like how they look).

I also did not do the clear bra, but I went with a coat of Opticoat on the car. Driving through the winter of Massachusetts, and all the salt/sand/rocks/chunks of concrete they put down on the roads, I wish I spent the money and did the clear bra on at least the front 1/4.