2013 wrx paint problem?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 wrx paint problem? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anybody having paint issues with there 2013 WRX? I just bought a brand new WRX hatch in DGM back in ...

2013 wrx paint problem?

Anybody having paint issues with there 2013 WRX? I just bought a brand new WRX hatch in DGM back in the middle of January. I live in the Northeast and have driven all my cars in these conditions over the past 22 years and never had a problem with paint on a car in my life! Well so far i have 2,700 Miles on my Subie and all along the sides of my car the paint is literally being sand blasted off from the small winter road grim and stones.. From the front wheel wells to the back especially where they bulge out its stripped to the color white! I took it to the dealer thats closest to me and they took pics and said they will send them to there service manager Rep to make a decision weather subaru will fix it or not. I really hope they fix it. Its going to have to be repainted. Anybody have similar problems? And what did Subaru as a Company do for you? Im Freaking out big time! I really wanted to have this car for along time but at this point im turned off and disgusted with Subaru's quality at this point!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Subaru paint is known for being pretty awful. You're definitely not the only one

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    Subaru paint is known for being pretty awful. You're definitely not the only one
    Ya i have heard issues with chips here and there but im not kidding my paint is being striped off the car on the sides.. My dark grey paint is white on the sides of my car! The car will be rusted to crap with in 2 years if they dont fix it!

It seems all manufacturers have switched to crap paint. My last car had paint issues, my current car does, my brother's car does, and my girlfriends dads car has and issue with paint being "blasted off". Two are KIAs, one is my wrx, and the other is a Chevy and all are 2010 or newer. Just seems that paint is just thin anymore.
    '11 WRX DGM

Quote Originally Posted by Kwrxp View Post
    It seems all manufacturers have switched to crap paint. My last car had paint issues, my current car does, my brother's car does, and my girlfriends dads car has and issue with paint being "blasted off". Two are KIAs, one is my wrx, and the other is a Chevy and all are 2010 or newer. Just seems that paint is just thin anymore.
    Well i wont stand for it! They will fix it or ill leave the car there and i will complain till the end of time! Hell ill call Subaru in Japan if i have too! I just spent just under 30k for a new car and its only got 2,700k miles and looks like garbage already! I wanted to keep it for a very long time but at this rate it wont last 5 years!

Can you post close-up pictures? A 2013 shouldn't be in that bad of shape unless you're beating on the paint or you got a lemon of some sort. I too have DGM (a 2009 though) and while the clear coat is exceptionally soft, yours sounds like a clear coat failure of some sort. Pics would help.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman13 View Post
    Well i wont stand for it! They will fix it or ill leave the car there and i will complain till the end of time! Hell ill call Subaru in Japan if i have too! I just spent just under 30k for a new car and its only got 2,700k miles and looks like garbage already! I wanted to keep it for a very long time but at this rate it wont last 5 years!
    From the sounds of it, I am willing to bet you will get compensated for it. We all have chipping issues, but not to the extreme that it sounds like you are.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Can you post close-up pictures? A 2013 shouldn't be in that bad of shape unless you're beating on the paint or you got a lemon of some sort. I too have DGM (a 2009 though) and while the clear coat is exceptionally soft, yours sounds like a clear coat failure of some sort. Pics would help.
    I dont have any pics and its snowing here like crazy.. but the dealer took pics and is emailing them to the service manager that wasnt in today.. Im praying they fix it or i swear i will leave the car there and tell them to keep it!

I also live in the northeast Maine to exact i had the same issue with my 2013 DGM sedan pointed out to my dealer they did the same took pictures and sent it to subaru. Subaru declined it saying that it was caused by outside sources. But in the end the dealer is going to take care of it on what they called a one time thing.It is actually being done right now. I havent seen my car for 2 weeks now. I would suggest you get rally armor mud guards if you decide not to leave it there. I was not happy with subaru on this issue at all. Mine has only 1400 miles on it and I bought in back in November.But im glad the dealer is coming good for it. Good luck let me know how you make out.

Quote Originally Posted by marx View Post
    I also live in the northeast Maine to exact i had the same issue with my 2013 DGM sedan pointed out to my dealer they did the same took pictures and sent it to subaru. Subaru declined it saying that it was caused by outside sources. But in the end the dealer is going to take care of it on what they called a one time thing.It is actually being done right now. I havent seen my car for 2 weeks now. I would suggest you get rally armor mud guards if you decide not to leave it there. I was not happy with subaru on this issue at all. Mine has only 1400 miles on it and I bought in back in November.But im glad the dealer is coming good for it. Good luck let me know how you make out.
    Ya i will deff keep you posted! I hope they do something. I bought my car over an hour away so i didnt take it to the dealer i bought it from. Hope that doesnt make a difference? I figure Subaru is Subaru when it comes to a brand new car right? If not maybe i should contact the home dealer i got it from. But i really dont want to drive that far for them to tell me the same thing. I really hope they fix it. I hear ya on the mud guards but i dont think that will help with the front of the car. It looks like it got shot with a bb gun and some of the spots are rusting already! I think im going to have a heart attack now!!!

It might make a difference because subaru denied my claim but the dealer i bought it from is going to take care of it. It depends on how the dealer As far as the front I'm thinking of having a clear bra done to protect it. I think subaru really needs to address this issue. There are alot of people having issues like this. I know its frustrating.

Get rally armour mudflaps once you get it fixed.
    They're a good investment. I also run 205 55 16 winter tread for the winter season which is more narrow than stock. I'm pretty sure this helps too.

I have a 2013 DMG hatch, and the sides (with the mudflaps and thinner winter tires) are not showing any noticeable wear. I live in Mass.

The front bumper, however, is a bit pitted. I just waxed it and it looked there were a million tiny white bugs all over the front of the car.

I just bought a 2013 DGM sedan and having paint problems too. I was really surprised by how bad the paint is. I drove a 2008TL for a few years before the wrx, never have I had a single noticable paintchip with that car. Whereas I noticed paint chips on the WRX within a month after owning it. I got rally armor mudflaps now to protect the side of my car. Only my front end has a few chips and maybe 1 on the side. Pretty bad considering its a new car, but can't do anything bout it.

I Support ClubWRX
    my paint has not been the best but hasnt been stripping off, should be able to get the dealer to fix that or at least i would try my best
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.