2013 wrx paint problem? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 2013 wrx paint problem? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yeeks. This worries me a tad bit. I just bought a 2013 WRX in tangerine orange. I don't even have ...

Yeeks.

This worries me a tad bit. I just bought a 2013 WRX in tangerine orange. I don't even have the car yet....its still in transit to Colorado from Cali. I was already considering having a clear bra put on the front... should I get it for the bumpers/sides as well? Anyone else do this to protect their paint? Thanks for your input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilnut View Post
    Yeeks.

This worries me a tad bit. I just bought a 2013 WRX in tangerine orange. I don't even have the car yet....its still in transit to Colorado from Cali. I was already considering having a clear bra put on the front... should I get it for the bumpers/sides as well? Anyone else do this to protect their paint? Thanks for your input.
    If you're in CO, you need a front end clear bra at the very least. That means front bumper and hood (preferably a full hood clear bra instead of half). They typically will cover the mirrors as well.

I live in CO too. I have half clear bra on the hood, and some in front of the two back tires. I also have mudflaps, which seems to have worked out quite to my benefit.

There are some detailing places around here that do a good job covering your entire car in clear vinyl. I'm thinking about doing it.

@Zman13
    What has come of this? Did Subaru repaint your car with quality paint?

I purchased my 2013 WRX in July 2013. After the first week, and first wax with a brand new microfiber cloth, my clear coat was scratched. I brought this to the attention of my dealer's service manager and it was shrugged off. My paint was further damaged (chipped, scratched, etc.) after my local dealer detailed it when it was less than 2 months old. They repainted the damaged pieces. (My experience with them has not been a "Subaru" promised experience either.)

After one NY winter, my paint looks like garbage. I have chips down to the base (white) in many, many areas. Two of my friends drive Legacys, my Mom drives an Impreza and my grandmother had a Forester that was severely dented over the entire body from a hail storm—yet not one of these Subaru's has/had a single chip.

So it seems, that the model of Subaru made for driving the roughest of road conditions, has a lesser paint quality that the other models. None of my past cars (of many makes and models) have had such crappy paint and they were old beaters. I paid a lot of money for my new Subaru and I planned to own a beautiful car for 10+ years, but in under a year, it already looks beat.

I have a complaint into Subaru. I am not happy.
    Last edited by CynicalKiddo; 03-17-2014 at 05:06 PM. Reason: grammar

I Support ClubWRX
    Im sure a lot of other people have the same experience. Unfortunately our subarus are not known for having the best paint. I have a lot of chips on the road its just something that happens. Try not to follow so close to other cars in the oh so awesome weather. Use some cutting compound and get rid of the scratches you have and Maybe get a a clear bra and protect what you have left.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Subaru paint is pretty bad it tends to be thin.

I Support ClubWRX
    I've had my SWP WRX for 3 months now and so far only one small rock chip and I heard that rock hit - BAM!

I wash and spray wax it every two weeks minimum.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123