Modify power mirrors to auto-fold?

This is a discussion on Modify power mirrors to auto-fold? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have power folding mirrors as stock on my EDM '08. I'd like to modify the electrical system to have ...

Modify power mirrors to auto-fold?

I have power folding mirrors as stock on my EDM '08. I'd like to modify the electrical system to have the mirrors automatically fold when locking the doors and unfold when unlocking. Any ideas how to accomplish this?
    Happiness isn't just around the corner, it is the corner.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

To be clear, this is for an Audi and I make no guarantee that it will work for a Subaru. That said, the theory is sound and the basics are there.

DIY : Automatic power folding side mirrors

^ That's the wiring diagram using a DEI 528 T pulse timer and a few SPDT relays. Then you get the fun part of finding a place to cram them under the dash and running the wires. All of that would be bench prepped before mounting it, obviously. Depending on whether Subaru door locks are positive/negative or five-wire, etc. you may have to make some modifications.

Not sure on the rules to posting to other forums, but the answer to the OPs question is there, I'm not spamming.

Cool. Thanks. With some searching around I found this...

Well there you go. All you need to know are which wires on the WRX mirrors cause the folding and unfolding and you're gold.