2 months of driving, on my second windshield already

This is a discussion on 2 months of driving, on my second windshield already within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just noticed this past weekend while I was washing my car a nice spider crack on the bottom passenger side ...

2 months of driving, on my second windshield already

Just noticed this past weekend while I was washing my car a nice spider crack on the bottom passenger side of my windshield. Called safelight, $575 later and I'm back on the road.

Having to commute on 287/87 is not ideal I guess. I think the windshield was probably hit awhile ago but I listen to my music way too loud (got the sub option too, so lots of bass) and it just caused it to spread to the point that it wasn't repairable

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I barely drive mine and noticed a nice crack on the upper passenger side. Shoddy glass?
    2012 Limited Black Pearl WRX
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

Got mine in January, late February I get a crack in the window. Went to safelite as well, only had to pay the 250 deductible.

Quote Originally Posted by 99pgpgt View Post
    Got mine in January, late February I get a crack in the window. Went to safelite as well, only had to pay the 250 deductible.
    How much is your insurance with $250 deductibles, and who is your insurance? I have $500 with geico because that's the what my finance company required. So it didn't pay to go through insurance for me.

Did the glass claim raise your premium at all?

When I got my '12 rex, we were having some huge wind storms here. I live close to the mountains, so there's lots of dust here. One day, I was driving on a more unused road, and a huge gust kicked up a ton of rocks and dust that blasted my windshield.

Why can't we have self-repairing cars yet? It's 2013, right?

I'm not surprised one bit. My stock windshield is pitted and has 2 cracks in it from the previous owner. I will be replacing it this spring. FYI, Safelite is popular, but has some of the worst quality glass on the market. If you are replacing your windshield, I recommend you look elsewhere.
    Last edited by mcdbrendan; 03-13-2013 at 09:09 AM.

I haven't replaced my windshield yet, I don't have any cracks.. YET. But I do have a bunch of little rocks chips in my window. It's pretty bad when you look at it in the sun, but it's $800 to replace.. So I think I'll wait until it gets worse.