2013 Headlight ??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 Headlight ?? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2013's wrx come with stock projector headlights, anyone running HID's in these's? Thoughts on them, Thx...

2013 Headlight ??

2013's wrx come with stock projector headlights, anyone running HID's in these's? Thoughts on them, Thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The STIs hav HIDs. Cost a pretty penny to swap them most likely
    2013 WRX sedan - MODS = pretty much ever bolt on.

Sorry, what I ment is has anyone put like a conversion kit in the stock 2013 WRX headlights and how did it turnout

The only safe way to install HID's would be with a retro fit, this costs upwards of $500. Ebay HID kits will blind other drivers, making you unsafe on the roads. The reason is simple, the halogen housing are not made for HID bulbs. To know more about this please read up on daniel stern Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

As a cheap and effective alternative, buy some good quality non blue tint halogen bulbs. You can even do H9 conversion that has been discussed on this site.

I don't think you could do a direct swap for the headlights. They look like they have the shutters in them, but I doubt they could hold up to the heat of an hid bulb. Retrofitting is probably the safest/cheapest solution, though it is pricey when having a professional do it. Though you can do it yourself for a hell of a lot cheaper, and it is kinda fun/not too crazy difficult. I would suggest checking out The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications They have forums and what not about doing it. I did it to my previous car, and enjoyed the process and end results.

Or you could just leave halogen bulbs it the car and find some with a higher color temp rating.
    Last edited by Kwrxp; 03-09-2013 at 11:22 AM. Reason: added linkypoo
    '11 WRX DGM

people have put the cheap kits in and likes them. But the retrofitsource is where its at. Those kits can burn the bowl of the projector and lead to a less then desirable lighting effect.

the more money you spend the nicer it will be.
    PS: search around ebay, I just purchased wrx limiyed/sti headlights for %150 shipped, some tabs were broken and one missing, but with some plastic welding it should be as good as the $5-600 lights you see going..... spme people dont know what they are selling or just need it gone
    Last edited by 90crxfreak; 03-09-2013 at 11:29 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
    people have put the cheap kits in and likes them. But the retrofitsource is where its at. Those kits can burn the bowl of the projector and lead to a less then desirable lighting effect.

the more money you spend the nicer it will be.
    PS: search around ebay, I just purchased wrx limiyed/sti headlights for %150 shipped, some tabs were broken and one missing, but with some plastic welding it should be as good as the $5-600 lights you see going..... spme people dont know what they are selling or just need it gone

Which of the cheap kits have you heard are good? I am interested in trying them before I dump 700 bucks.
    - 2013 Silver WRX Stage 2 Hatch - SPT and Cobb upgrades, Thule Snowboard racks
    - 2012 Dodge Charger R/T
    - 1988 ASC McLaren Mustang

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BombAtomic View Post
    Which of the cheap kits have you heard are good? I am interested in trying them before I dump 700 bucks.
    Why would you have to spend $700? A complete, bolt-in retrofit from TRS is $370, and comes with everything you need, no cutting required.

Morimoto Retro-Quik System - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I'm running aftermarket 55watt hid Kit.. No issues with heat so far but I've always ran factory halogen projectors for other cars without issue.. There's still a cut off however it's not as nice as actual xenon projectors

If you want to save lot of money and get better output than stock, I recommend doing a H9 conversion, just as mentioned above.

If you have the money, then go TRS as Rambo said.

I did the h9 conversion and the output it a lot better than stock

Why not spend like $30 on H9s and save the rest and put it in performance/handling?

But if you are big on lights than def what Rambo said.

Quote Originally Posted by kprugbyplaya View Post
    If you want to save lot of money and get better output than stock, I recommend doing a H9 conversion, just as mentioned above.

If you have the money, then go TRS as Rambo said.

I did the h9 conversion and the output it a lot better than stock

Why not spend like $30 on H9s and save the rest and put it in performance/handling?

But if you are big on lights than def what Rambo said.
    ^THIS! I did this back in October of '11 and am still running the original H9's I put in. Only cost me $24 and took maybe 10 minutes to do.

i tried the H9 and it sucked.... spend the money and put all the H9's to shame and love the amount of light you produce. Sure, put a cheap plug and play kit in you car and make everything blue. Or spend the cash, get clear lenses and then be amazed and love every time your lights go on.

Quote Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
    i tried the H9 and it sucked.... spend the money and put all the H9's to shame and love the amount of light you produce. Sure, put a cheap plug and play kit in you car and make everything blue. Or spend the cash, get clear lenses and then be amazed and love every time your lights go on.
    The blue you see on some peoples has nothing to do with the kit or being cheap, just bad selection on the bulbs

but lets be honest, when you buy those kits most people do not opt for the 4300k or even 5000k. and it makes everything under the cut off the same color.

Thanks for your input guys, thinking ill take the retro route, now i just gotta find a day to do it as i work 7days a week :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast