2013 Headlight ?? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2013 Headlight ?? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; you should troll ebay. sometimes people sell headlights with broken mounting tabs for dirt cheap and it really is the ...

you should troll ebay. sometimes people sell headlights with broken mounting tabs for dirt cheap and it really is the easiest to fix. I have one of the ones I repaired on now and i'll get the other in this weekend. These OEM HID's will hold me over until my stock headlights come back from retrofitting

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    definatly go the retrofit route, the cheapest is 330 i believe
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I have done retrofits on all my past cars because I am a stickler for awesome headlight output. I have used TheRetrofitSource for years and they offer great products with even better service. However, with that being said, the difference that h9's provide over stock h11s is insane. I was dead set on doing a retro on my '13 wrx, however I wanted to test the h9s to see what all the rage was and I am glad I did. The light is definitely whiter, due to the higher wattage, and at least 50% brighter compared to stock. Wont be retrofitting anytime soon as this is more than acceptable for me.

Blah blah blah something about penguins CowboyD Eng6ine's Avatar
    So I was looking at my engine compartment to do a bulb swap with the H9, do I have to take off the (what I believe to be since I never had one) intake to get to the bulb on the right side? Left side is cake to get to.

Blah blah blah something about penguins blah blah blah
    Crazy is running towards what people are running from.

If it gets in the way and you cant install the bulb without removing it, then yes

I dont have an aftermarket intake, so I didnt have to remove the intake..just the thing in the front of it (forgot what its called)

Blah blah blah something about penguins CowboyD Eng6ine's Avatar
    The small black thing that channels the air thingy I believe is what I was referring to. Either way looks like its in the way.

Any particular brand to go after for the H9?

Crazy is running towards what people are running from.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyD Eng6ine View Post
    The small black thing that channels the air thingy I believe is what I was referring to. Either way looks like its in the way.

Any particular brand to go after for the H9?

Yeah you have to take out the air scoop thing. It's just 2 screw/clips then you pull it up and out.

I believe there are instructions in section 11 of the manual.

As far as bulbs go, just the standard H9 Phillips that are usually around $15 a pair.

These are the ones I got: http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Standa...ywords=h9+bulb

^ yea those are good.

I didn't have the patience to order it and I had like five days to do it cuz I got pulled over cuz one light blew out.

Whatever you do, just get clear bulbs. Don't get any with any tint or anything on the tip of the bulb as they will decrease visibility.

I got the sylvania ones. Avoid Silverstar or any of the other Bs ones.

Read up on Daniel Stern.
    \_(ツ)_/
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

If you don't want to wait, you can just stop at advance auto parts or a shop like that and buy them both for like 30
    \_(ツ)_/
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

hey Nick whats up. I got a 2013 WRX hatch and I put in a after market HID kit. I love the look and the extra clarity while driving.T he stock bulbs are so dull. ***Note If you do and HID kit you will have to drill a hole throught a cap that covers the headlights housing in order to fit the wiring through. let me know if you got any questions and maybe I can send you some pics of what I did. I also put in led turn signals but gotta install resistors cause it creates hyper flash.

Just got my tax refund so I'll be getting my retrofit done in 5 days. I went to the TRS website and got a name of an installer from their website which allows you to search for one near you, in my case there was a guy in Portland and a guy in Seattle.

They quoted me at $795 total for the job including installation, certainly worth it for someone with no mechanical inclination who wants a good looking and bright set of lights. Can't wait!
    PA-C

The good ol retrofit and the endless possibilities.

2013 WRX Plasma Blue Pearl

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGoalie View Post
    Yeah you have to take out the air scoop thing. It's just 2 screw/clips then you pull it up and out.

I believe there are instructions in section 11 of the manual.

As far as bulbs go, just the standard H9 Phillips that are usually around $15 a pair.

These are the ones I got: Philips H9 Standard Headlight Bulb, Pack of 1 : Amazon.com : Automotive
    This is what I purchased as well.. Big difference in night vision. WIN!
    Rod
    2014 WRX SWP Premium sedan
    Stink-Eye Mob #57
    "Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility" - rarrior

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Why would you have to spend $700? A complete, bolt-in retrofit from TRS is $370, and comes with everything you need, no cutting required.

Morimoto Retro-Quik System - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc
    this^^

because he doesn't want to do it and **** up his new lights.... just like me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.