You shouldnt throw iPhones if your in a WRX... - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on You shouldnt throw iPhones if your in a WRX... within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by JDMsoul Ahh dude, that's so not cool lol, those people aren't even from jersey! They make us ...

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMsoul View Post
    Ahh dude, that's so not cool lol, those people aren't even from jersey!
    They make us look bad. Funny pic tho
    Doesn't matter, they left a stink on your state that you are never getting off.

To the OP. accidents happen, but so does "I owe you sex".

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AFP520 View Post
    All good man. I have the hookups for myself since I refer replacements. Just wanted to make sure you had a reputable company do it. Mom/Pop shops that have been around for awhile are going to do a much better job than a national company.
    cool thanks man.. appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
    Must post pic of girl so i dont end up dating a Subie hater!
    a. here's a pic for all you who need to look at something... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Olivia-Wilde-actresses-24095937-1968-19961.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	112618

b. im pretty sure you wont end up dating my girl...

c. she's not a Subie hater... she has her own 05 Silver 25RS...

Quote Originally Posted by AFP520 View Post
    Sounds like you lucked out with someone that actually knows what they're doing, although side windows are not windshields. It's a whole different ballgame when you get into the bond/cure that holds that windshield in place.

Safelite is a large corporation. They are no different than any other large corporation, of which the ultimate goal is $$$$$. They offer special incentives for employees to make sales on new windshields, not repairs. So if they told you to sell 8 windshields in a day, you would get x dollars and let's say you already had 7 for the day. The last customer is a make or break for that incentive isn't it? I'll let you judge how often the employee makes a decision when it comes to offering a customer a simple $60-$75 fix versus selling them an unneeded windshield for x dollars. In this case, take JDMsoul's price he was quoted. $380+ for a windshield is not even robbery. That is RAPE. Do you know how much that glass costs them? Maybe $35-$50 TOPS and you are getting the finest piece of chinese garbage money can buy. Real windshield repair companies should be using quality glass like PPG or Pilkington. It costs more, but the quality of glass is A LOT higher. Go on youtube and watch how a windshield is made and you tell me if the factories in China are going to go through the same lengths for quality assurance? Remember, hard to do that when you're paying a lot less for the glass.

Let's look at another scenario for the simple $60-75 fix. What happens if he does something wrong and spreads the damage? Look at this tool they use in the video. Safelite AutoGlass Windshield Repair Commercial - YouTube

That thing looks like it's hooked up to some kind of air compressor right? Windshields are very fragile around the break. It doesn't take much to make it spread. Too much pressure? Watch the crack goooo. After he's done giving you the sob story about how the windshield was too hot/too cold, "I can offer you a new windshield at a steal!" If you are like the average consumer, you are now at his mercy because you have NO idea what a new windshield costs, unless you call for a quote. Most people don't bother because he said he was going to give you a deal, remember? It's all psychology here and it's working against you. He's going to mark up the price for the install, then give you the "deal" he promised, basically bringing back down the price to what it would have cost to install it before he fubared it. He doesn't want corporate knowing he screwed your windshield. Call up the corporate number and if they give you a lower quote, here comes the excuses again "well they have more power than I do, I'm all for whatever saves YOU money though!"

You can use whatever companies you guys want to do things to your cars, just don't assume you're always going to be getting the best service. Shop around, your pocket will thank you.

just to back up what you said about big companies only in it for $$$$. i worked at a Toyota dealership as a service writer and i can tell you that they try to rip people off anywhere they can. for ever customer you "service" you have to sell them .3 of an hours worth of service. normally, the average customer was an oil change, which was only .1 of an hour. this means, i had to write up the customers oil change, but i also had to sell them something else... a fluid flush, cabin air filter, etc... even if they didnt need it, i had to sell something. if i missed making .3 on one customer, then i had to make the next customer .5 and so on and so on. to make a long story short, i was fired after a month of working there because i wasnt selling enough. basically, i was fired for having morals. oh well, i hated that job anyway... but yea, big companies... only in it for the money, not for the service or the satisfaction of providing a well done job. thats not to say the little guy isnt in it to make money, its still a business, but they care about the customer and what they do. For example, i'd rather deal when a mom and pop shop then go to walmart... ***** walmart! (i apologize in advance if any of you work at walmart)

So you're dating Olivia Wilde?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    So you're dating Olivia Wilde?
    Lol! No, that's just to give all these people who keep asking me to post pics of my girl, something to look at...

Valid point. I have a friend who looks almost exactly like her that my buddy was seeing for a bit...kinda uncanny!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Valid point. I have a friend who looks almost exactly like her that my buddy was seeing for a bit...kinda uncanny!
    share with a different buddy?
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

That made me think of the movie Napoleon Dynamite when he carries around a picture of his "girlfriend" in his wallet.
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twister8008 View Post
    That made me think of the movie Napoleon Dynamite when he carries around a picture of his "girlfriend" in his wallet.
    Lol!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	112631

Ugh... Wish it was a Subaru...

Quote Originally Posted by JDMsoul View Post
    just to back up what you said about big companies only in it for $$$$. i worked at a Toyota dealership as a service writer and i can tell you that they try to rip people off anywhere they can. for ever customer you "service" you have to sell them .3 of an hours worth of service. normally, the average customer was an oil change, which was only .1 of an hour. this means, i had to write up the customers oil change, but i also had to sell them something else... a fluid flush, cabin air filter, etc... even if they didnt need it, i had to sell something. if i missed making .3 on one customer, then i had to make the next customer .5 and so on and so on. to make a long story short, i was fired after a month of working there because i wasnt selling enough. basically, i was fired for having morals. oh well, i hated that job anyway... but yea, big companies... only in it for the money, not for the service or the satisfaction of providing a well done job. thats not to say the little guy isnt in it to make money, its still a business, but they care about the customer and what they do. For example, i'd rather deal when a mom and pop shop then go to walmart... ***** walmart! (i apologize in advance if any of you work at walmart)
    Well, dealerships are not really corporate owned, but franchise owners are just as bad.

I bought my last truck from Koons Toyota in Vienna VA. On almost every vehicle sticker is a $100-$200 pinstriping that is applied to each car as they come in. It is a cheap piece of sh*t vinyl that could not have cost more than $5 in material and probably took 1 guy less than 10 minutes to apply. I wanted the truck so bad I did not even pay attention to it until after I signed the papers.
    '14 SWP STI

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345