You shouldnt throw iPhones if your in a WRX... - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on You shouldnt throw iPhones if your in a WRX... within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JDMsoul View Post
    Ahh dude, that's so not cool lol, those people aren't even from jersey!
    They make us look bad. Funny pic tho
    hahahahahaha so true. I did go to college with Sammy Sweetheart at Willy P though! We both played soccer there and I dated another soccer chick, so I actually got to chill with her a couple times. She used to be cool
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

you guys are right.. new glass is awesome... it looks great

you guys are right.. new glass is awesome... it looks great
    Still waiting on pics of the ex GF though.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    hahahahahaha so true. I did go to college with Sammy Sweetheart at Willy P though! We both played soccer there and I dated another soccer chick, so I actually got to chill with her a couple times. She used to be cool
    whos willy P? typed in on google and this is what i got..

https://blufiles.storage.live.com/y1...aub.JPG?psid=1
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    Still waiting on pics of the ex GF though.
    She's not an ex...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    whos willy P? typed in on google and this is what i got..

https://blufiles.storage.live.com/y1...aub.JPG?psid=1

Hahahaha, Willy P is William Patterson University in North Jersey

Well, you definitely need a new windshield but $375 seems pretty high to me. I'd shop around.

Source: Windshield repair guy. I can fix little dings, not that though.
    '14 SWP STI

Quote Originally Posted by AFP520 View Post
    Well, you definitely need a new windshield but $375 seems pretty high to me. I'd shop around.

Source: Windshield repair guy. I can fix little dings, not that though.
    i ended up getting it for $270. free mobile service, and guaranteed for as long as i own the car....

i ended up getting it for $270. free mobile service, and guaranteed for as long as i own the car....
    Can I ask what company you went with? Not too bad. STAY AWAY FROM SAFELITE!
    '14 SWP STI

Quote Originally Posted by AFP520 View Post
    Can I ask what company you went with? Not too bad. STAY AWAY FROM SAFELITE!
    i went with autoglassguru.com they're basically a broker for different local companies depending on where you are... if your in north jersey, i can give you the info to the specific shop that did mine..

yea, safelite quoted me $380 + taxes and disposal fee + $25 for a mobile service... no thanks...

i went with autoglassguru.com they're basically a broker for different local companies depending on where you are... if your in north jersey, i can give you the info to the specific shop that did mine..

yea, safelite quoted me $380 + taxes and disposal fee + $25 for a mobile service... no thanks...
    All good man. I have the hookups for myself since I refer replacements. Just wanted to make sure you had a reputable company do it. Mom/Pop shops that have been around for awhile are going to do a much better job than a national company.
    '14 SWP STI

Whats wrong with Safelite? They replaced my passenger side door window for a great price...and did a great job.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Whats wrong with Safelite? They replaced my passenger side door window for a great price...and did a great job.
    Sounds like you lucked out with someone that actually knows what they're doing, although side windows are not windshields. It's a whole different ballgame when you get into the bond/cure that holds that windshield in place.

Safelite is a large corporation. They are no different than any other large corporation, of which the ultimate goal is $$$$$. They offer special incentives for employees to make sales on new windshields, not repairs. So if they told you to sell 8 windshields in a day, you would get x dollars and let's say you already had 7 for the day. The last customer is a make or break for that incentive isn't it? I'll let you judge how often the employee makes a decision when it comes to offering a customer a simple $60-$75 fix versus selling them an unneeded windshield for x dollars. In this case, take JDMsoul's price he was quoted. $380+ for a windshield is not even robbery. That is RAPE. Do you know how much that glass costs them? Maybe $35-$50 TOPS and you are getting the finest piece of chinese garbage money can buy. Real windshield repair companies should be using quality glass like PPG or Pilkington. It costs more, but the quality of glass is A LOT higher. Go on youtube and watch how a windshield is made and you tell me if the factories in China are going to go through the same lengths for quality assurance? Remember, hard to do that when you're paying a lot less for the glass.

Let's look at another scenario for the simple $60-75 fix. What happens if he does something wrong and spreads the damage? Look at this tool they use in the video. Safelite AutoGlass Windshield Repair Commercial - YouTube

That thing looks like it's hooked up to some kind of air compressor right? Windshields are very fragile around the break. It doesn't take much to make it spread. Too much pressure? Watch the crack goooo. After he's done giving you the sob story about how the windshield was too hot/too cold, "I can offer you a new windshield at a steal!" If you are like the average consumer, you are now at his mercy because you have NO idea what a new windshield costs, unless you call for a quote. Most people don't bother because he said he was going to give you a deal, remember? It's all psychology here and it's working against you. He's going to mark up the price for the install, then give you the "deal" he promised, basically bringing back down the price to what it would have cost to install it before he fubared it. He doesn't want corporate knowing he screwed your windshield. Call up the corporate number and if they give you a lower quote, here comes the excuses again "well they have more power than I do, I'm all for whatever saves YOU money though!"

You can use whatever companies you guys want to do things to your cars, just don't assume you're always going to be getting the best service. Shop around, your pocket will thank you.
    '14 SWP STI

Must post pic of girl so i dont end up dating a Subie hater!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.