Spolier 3rd break light?

This is a discussion on Spolier 3rd break light? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just ordered a 2013 WRX base model, I chose to add the deck lid spoiler. So this car comes ...

Spolier 3rd break light?

I just ordered a 2013 WRX base model, I chose to add the deck lid spoiler. So this car comes with the third break light already and the spoiler has the integrated break light which makes 4 break lights. If you buy the premium or limited are there only three break lights? One in each tail light and a third in the spoiler? Or is there still 4?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I don't know the answer to your question, but when I ran a spoiler with an integrated brake light I opted to unhook the rear window brake light.

I have a 2013 premium, it doesnt have a break light in the back window, only the deck lid.

JDM has a brake/fog light down in the middle of the bumper

Quote Originally Posted by cmayba View Post
    I just ordered a 2013 WRX base model, I chose to add the deck lid spoiler. So this car comes with the third break light already and the spoiler has the integrated break light which makes 4 break lights. If you buy the premium or limited are there only three break lights? One in each tail light and a third in the spoiler? Or is there still 4?
    Yes only three in the premium or limited....when I ordered my base '11 I also added the spoiler, but they made a mistake and my car was delivered wingless...while I was waiting for my spoiler to arrive I thought about that brake light issue, and asked the dealer if they removed the back windshield one, and they just said "no that will stay there". I saw an impreza on the road with the 4 brake lights like that and thought it looked terrible, so I left the spoiler off of mine and just learned to love the wingless look.

Quote Originally Posted by Rholman1 View Post
    Yes only three in the premium or limited....when I ordered my base '11 I also added the spoiler, but they made a mistake and my car was delivered wingless...while I was waiting for my spoiler to arrive I thought about that brake light issue, and asked the dealer if they removed the back windshield one, and they just said "no that will stay there". I saw an impreza on the road with the 4 brake lights like that and thought it looked terrible, so I left the spoiler off of mine and just learned to love the wingless look.
    I went through that when I got my base '12. The dealer had to install the spoiler and of course they didn't remove the light in window. I immediately disconnected that thing and had the tint shop tint over the light to make it even less noticeable that the housing was even there

Never even thought about this, I have a base 13 wrx and added the spoiler. So, I have 4 brake lights and didn't even notice it.