Spolier 3rd break light?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Spolier 3rd break light? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just ordered a 2013 WRX base model, I chose to add the deck lid spoiler. So this car comes ...

Spolier 3rd break light?

I just ordered a 2013 WRX base model, I chose to add the deck lid spoiler. So this car comes with the third break light already and the spoiler has the integrated break light which makes 4 break lights. If you buy the premium or limited are there only three break lights? One in each tail light and a third in the spoiler? Or is there still 4?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I don't know the answer to your question, but when I ran a spoiler with an integrated brake light I opted to unhook the rear window brake light.

I have a 2013 premium, it doesnt have a break light in the back window, only the deck lid.

JDM has a brake/fog light down in the middle of the bumper

Quote Originally Posted by cmayba View Post
    I just ordered a 2013 WRX base model, I chose to add the deck lid spoiler. So this car comes with the third break light already and the spoiler has the integrated break light which makes 4 break lights. If you buy the premium or limited are there only three break lights? One in each tail light and a third in the spoiler? Or is there still 4?
    Yes only three in the premium or limited....when I ordered my base '11 I also added the spoiler, but they made a mistake and my car was delivered wingless...while I was waiting for my spoiler to arrive I thought about that brake light issue, and asked the dealer if they removed the back windshield one, and they just said "no that will stay there". I saw an impreza on the road with the 4 brake lights like that and thought it looked terrible, so I left the spoiler off of mine and just learned to love the wingless look.

Quote Originally Posted by Rholman1 View Post
    Yes only three in the premium or limited....when I ordered my base '11 I also added the spoiler, but they made a mistake and my car was delivered wingless...while I was waiting for my spoiler to arrive I thought about that brake light issue, and asked the dealer if they removed the back windshield one, and they just said "no that will stay there". I saw an impreza on the road with the 4 brake lights like that and thought it looked terrible, so I left the spoiler off of mine and just learned to love the wingless look.
    I went through that when I got my base '12. The dealer had to install the spoiler and of course they didn't remove the light in window. I immediately disconnected that thing and had the tint shop tint over the light to make it even less noticeable that the housing was even there

Never even thought about this, I have a base 13 wrx and added the spoiler. So, I have 4 brake lights and didn't even notice it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.