2005 wrx HID install?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2005 wrx HID install? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys i tried to install some Hid's i bought offline and for some reason they wont turn on. It ...

2005 wrx HID install?

Hey guys i tried to install some Hid's i bought offline and for some reason they wont turn on. It seems on the lights they have a positive and negative wire connector that can plug into the main light source on the car. I tried both front and back but only twice with the negative side it only turned on for a second. And im pretty sure with other wrx same year the key has to be in the igntion to turn on the lights, they still dont turn on, do I have to actually turn the car on? Sorry if this is confusing but i just dont get why they are not turning on, they're brand new

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you have ballasts for them? And if they just turned on for a second it could've been the capacitor frying it self because it was hooked up backwards. Also did you just get bulbs or bulbs and reflectors?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If you're not doing a complete retrofit, you're being punished by the car gods for doing this very, very, very wrong.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    If you're not doing a complete retrofit, you're being punished by the car gods for doing this very, very, very wrong.
    complete retrofit?! aint nobody got time for that. ebay HID's all day. YOLO.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Yeah I have everything ill try to post some pictures to show a more clearer of what I mean. I mean unless I bought the wrong ones. I got them off a place called hidsrus.com. But yeah there is not room on the driver side because of the battery.

1. Return them.
    2. Read this: Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply
    3. If you still want HID headlights go here: The Retrofit Source Inc and look at the complete retrofit kits, or if DIY isnt your thing, here: Recommended Retrofitters - The Retrofit Source Inc

Quote Originally Posted by SKI.WRX View Post
    1. Return them.
    2. Read this: Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply
    3. If you still want HID headlights go here: The Retrofit Source Inc and look at the complete retrofit kits, or if DIY isnt your thing, here: Recommended Retrofitters - The Retrofit Source Inc
    Nailed it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.