02 WRX foglights not working?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 02 WRX foglights not working? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i bought a bugeye about a month ago (after getting into an accident with my 05 LGT) and a ...

02 WRX foglights not working?

So i bought a bugeye about a month ago (after getting into an accident with my 05 LGT) and a couple of days ago i decided to get HIDs so i did research and learned that unplugging the DRL would be better for it so i took out the plug (underneath glovebox) and i put in the HIDs and they work fine (even though my car shows them as "highbeams" idk why but thats not the issue) but when i turn on the switch for the foglights neither turn on and not even the little green light on the switch turns on..idk what the issue is.. was it unplugging the DRLs? HELP!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by will620 View Post
    So i bought a bugeye about a month ago (after getting into an accident with my 05 LGT) and a couple of days ago i decided to get HIDs so i did research and learned that unplugging the DRL would be better for it so i took out the plug (underneath glovebox) and i put in the HIDs and they work fine (even though my car shows them as "highbeams" idk why but thats not the issue) but when i turn on the switch for the foglights neither turn on and not even the little green light on the switch turns on..idk what the issue is.. was it unplugging the DRLs? HELP!
    well i believe it's because the hid's use a great amount of power that kind of short circuits the power to the foglights. this happens to me often too so my technique is to turn off all lights, turn them back on and the foglights immediately after. i too unplugged my DRL's but its just a matter of power distribution. just remember to turn on your fogs right after your turn on your headlights.

Remove the HIDs

/problem
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by will620 View Post
    For your particular year, and going from memory alone, I believe in order to have the HIDs work as high/low and have the fogs work correctly, you will need to do both the DRL mod and the fog light mod.

Search for info on the fog light mod.

Your goal is to have the fogs become entirely independent of the headlamps.

As for the "high" beam (blue) indicator -- again, from memory alone, I believe that the two mods above together will mostly address this. I say "mostly" because I suspect there is a source of current that neither the mods nor (my understanding of) the circuit diagrammes can document and/or eliminate.

This is all simpler than I've made it sound. Search for "fog light mod" for your year and make sure you've also done the DRL mod correctly.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.