plastidip.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on plastidip.... within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by MOTION If I tried this stuff on my wheels, can I just pressure wash it off if ...

Quote Originally Posted by MOTION View Post
    If I tried this stuff on my wheels, can I just pressure wash it off if I don't like it?
    Like Mike13 said, just make sure you have enough coats on atleast 2 good coats to make sure it peels off good...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    First plasti-dipped them black, liked it for a few weeks, then decided white would look cool, I went to peel the black off, and it was a nightmare because i didn't do nearly enough coats, so I did some research and learned, you can spray wet plasti-dip on dry plasti-dip and rather then forming a layer ontop of the dry plasti-dip, it forms a bond with it. So I then bought 8 cans of white, 2 can on each wheel, and I enjoyed white for about a month until brake dust became annoying, so I think peeled it all off and did 2 cans of black on each wheel, so they are black again

i dipped my winter setup a matte orange. gets dirty and not easy to clean, but totally worth it. i believe the cleaning difficulty stems from the fact that i dipped them in 40 degree weather and the finish is not exactly smooth, alittle rutty. read warm temps are better.

did you use the glossifier on the white plastidip? wondering if that will help make it easier to clean or keep clean. i, too, have a wrb. white rims must look awesome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12