1400 miles paint looks sandblasted
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 1400 miles paint looks sandblasted within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ive got 1400 miles on my DGM 2013 WRX and it looks like the paint has been sand blasted. This ...

Ive got 1400 miles on my DGM 2013 WRX and it looks like the paint has been sand blasted. This should not be happening . I could see on a 10 year old car that hasnt been taken care of but not a brand new one. No way. Has anyone else seem to have this problem? it is very frustrating to see my new car doing this. I am very paticular about my vehicles I spend alot of time taking care of them and love the way they look when their polished and waxed .I discussed with dealer today and they feel like I do. Ive got to go back and discuss with service manager this week and see what is going to happen. I love the car but if it looks like this now what will happen in a year?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What part of the car is this happening to?

Guarantee it's the front bumper and rear doors! I learned on my 3rd one to put clear bra on ASAP

Its really bad on the rear panels where the clear protective film is that is all chewed up and the paint is looking awful.

Re: 1400 miles paint looks sandblasted

I noticed it on the front bumper right away, just starting to see it in that rear part by the wheel as well. pain in the butt. I hope you get a good resolution.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

I have about 2000 miles on mine so far and haven't noticed this problem yet. I also have rally armour mud flaps on it and I'm running 205 55 16 tires on it during the winter which are skinnier than stock.
    I also stay about 20 cars back from whoever is in front of me as well.

I am looking at the rally armour Mud flaps now . It shouldnt be happening like that already. We bought the car back in Nov. and it sits all week. Where can you purchase a clear bra for them and is it a do it yourself install? I will post how it goes with subaru and the dealer when I hear back.

That paint job is complete garbage on these cars. Aside from making your car a garage queen the only 2 things you can do is have a clear bra and rally armor flaps installed when the it's brand new. And even then you'll notice some chips..
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I Support ClubWRX
    The poor quality Subaru paint is hardly new news. It seems to have gotten much worse in recent years. Your only real option is have it repainted, then getting some sort of clear film for the front. Best of luck to you!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

WR Blue paint

Quote Originally Posted by marx View Post
    Ive got 1400 miles on my DGM 2013 WRX and it looks like the paint has been sand blasted. This should not be happening . I could see on a 10 year old car that hasnt been taken care of but not a brand new one. No way. Has anyone else seem to have this problem? it is very frustrating to see my new car doing this. I am very paticular about my vehicles I spend alot of time taking care of them and love the way they look when their polished and waxed .I discussed with dealer today and they feel like I do. Ive got to go back and discuss with service manager this week and see what is going to happen. I love the car but if it looks like this now what will happen in a year?

I have a 2013 WRX that is 4 months old. We just finished a trip last weekend and we have a total of 2,100 miles on the car. No complaints except for the crappy standerd shifter and the the sandblasting along the sides of the car. We bought two new Impreza, my 2013 WR Blue WRX and a 2013 White 2.0. The paint on the 2.0 looks to be thicker, but the WR Blue looks thinner then cheap typing paper. I am going to take it into the dealer and see what they say, but I don't have high hopes.

Welcome to Subaru paint. They put their money into a high performance engine/braking/suspension, as opposed to paint, styling, and interior quality. When you offer that performance for such a low price comparatively to anything else, you're going to have to have overlooked quality somewhere...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Its really bad on the rear panels where the clear protective film is that is all chewed up and the paint is looking awful.
    Would love to see some pics. Can you attach? Would appreciate it. Thanks.

Would love to see some pics. Can you attach? Would appreciate it. Thanks.

I wil post some later today. Hopefull they will come out so you can see what it looks like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast