after market HID lights

This is a discussion on after market HID lights within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone installed aftermakert HID lights? Is it easy to do? What is the cost? I'm looking at the differences ...

after market HID lights

Has anyone installed aftermakert HID lights? Is it easy to do? What is the cost? I'm looking at the differences between the Limited package and the Premium and the only extra feature in Limited I'd want are the lights, but figured I could get a better price by dropping to the premium and get/install the HIDs myself.

Can anyone suggest a good place to buy after market Hid lights?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For what car?
    Most of the time they're plug and play depending on if you need a wire harness or not. I bought one for my 09 but didn't need it. I'll definitely say that you get what you pay for
    I believe I got mine at carhid.com...don;t remember though. Bought the 55w slim ballasts 8000k

Oops! Sorry, it's a 2013 WRX Premium (vs a Limited that already has HIDs).

You could for RetroFit. they are like $300 with 5 year warranty. It's basically plug and play and it comes with everything you need
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

KHP
    If you want HID's you might as well just get the limited model (only $1000 more). You won't have to worry as it's done properly from the factory. Doing a proper HID retrofit requires you to replace the projectors to work correctly.

By the time you're done with a proper retrofit the price difference between premium and limited is non factor.

Checkout A full retrofit kit below $405 parts without labor.
    Bi-xenon FX-R Stage IV Kit - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

There's no such thing as a proper plug and play HID kit.
    Last edited by KHP; 02-15-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

Quote Originally Posted by KHP View Post
    If you want HID's you might as well just get the limited model (only $1000 more). You won't have to worry as it's done properly from the factory. Doing a proper HID retrofit requires you to replace the projectors to work correctly.

By the time you're done with a proper retrofit the price difference between premium and limited is non factor.

Bi-xenon FX-R Stage IV Kit - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

Two thumbs up! I did some more digging and quoting and you're absolutely right. To have the dealer do it aftermarket would cost $1200+ and to try and do it myself would take an entire day to figure it all out and I would really want to make sure it looks good/works well. Done deal! Got a new Limited coming my way in several weeks

Quote Originally Posted by KHP View Post

Well said.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying