2012-2013 wrx front bumper debadge
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2012-2013 wrx front bumper debadge within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; was thinking about doing this as i would think the car would look so much meaner cause i think that ...

2012-2013 wrx front bumper debadge

was thinking about doing this as i would think the car would look so much meaner cause i think that subaru symbol in the front is hideous. my question is has anyone done this and if so can you post a picture. i havnt seen any debadged in the front. and if so how do you do it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    To completely debadge the subaru emblem on that year you would have to either have the sport grill (in which case you can take it off), or get another type of aftermarket grill. A lot of people will go with a different overlay, or plasti-dip the emblem, as that is cheap and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    To completely debadge the subaru emblem on that year you would have to either have the sport grill (in which case you can take it off), or get another type of aftermarket grill. A lot of people will go with a different overlay, or plasti-dip the emblem, as that is cheap and easy.
    Where could I get these grills at? And what do you mean by overlay?...

I Support ClubWRX
    You can get a sport grill from subaru accessory dealers. Ebay can yield some decent knock off ones too for cheaper.

Overlays are vinyl stickers. See mine here My 2011 OBP STi . First post...forth picture down.

Also does anyone know if its hard to do?

Pretty sure Subaru does not offer any kind of sport grill for the 11+ models.
    HT Autos grill is the only one I know of. Here's a picture of it on someone's car:

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by radbitt View Post
    Pretty sure Subaru does not offer any kind of sport grill for the 11+ models.
    HT Autos grill is the only one I know of. Here's a picture of it on someone's car:

Sure they do. In fact it is Part Number: J1010FG100EN

Edit - Actually that might be for only the STi, but I would think it would fit the WRX too. Either way, I would probably go aftermarket as it will be much cheaper than subaru accessories.
    Last edited by 11blackSTi; 02-15-2013 at 08:56 AM.

i plasti dipped the chrome ring and bought a black overlay and looks 100x's better. will try to post pics tom as i dont have any yet
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.

Registered User joseph aka jman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmarex12 View Post
    i plasti dipped the chrome ring and bought a black overlay and looks 100x's better. will try to post pics tom as i dont have any yet
    I plan on doing that on mine also, SWP i just dont know what color scheme overlay i should get. I was wondering what black with white stars would look like

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph aka jman View Post
    I plan on doing that on mine also, SWP i just dont know what color scheme overlay i should get. I was wondering what black with white stars would look like
    I think that would look sweet.

NVW
    I was also thinking about doing this to everything on the the back of my new Crosstrek. Does anyone know, or know where I would be able to find out if there are any alignment pins or anything on the new Crosstreks?

Hey blackSti where did you get the lower black bumper lip on the bottom of your cover?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Sure they do. In fact it is Part Number: J1010FG100EN

Edit - Actually that might be for only the STi, but I would think it would fit the WRX too. Either way, I would probably go aftermarket as it will be much cheaper than subaru accessories.
    That grille only fits 08-10. Grille shape changed on 11+.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.