Front end damage, what kinda work am inlooking at...... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Front end damage, what kinda work am inlooking at...... within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Seems like you are pretty set on fixing it regardless of what is said here. In that case, I wish ...

Seems like you are pretty set on fixing it regardless of what is said here. In that case, I wish you luck, and suggest you make a build thread to chronicle it!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    get the parts off it that you want and take the insurance check and get a new car.

Sorry, i dont mean to not give currency to the general feeling of scrap it and start over, I do respect your opinions. I should have named the thread, sooo i need to fix this. To be clear, i still owe about 4K on the car, not a huge deal except for that now with it crashed, and already a salvage, its unlikely (in my mind at least) that i'd get that much or more for it.

The trouble is, Im almost debt free, to scrap this and start over means paying 15k or more to get a car that is equally fast and reliable (Save for the obvious structural damage).

That seems like a big loss to me, why scrap it when i could pay a few thousand to return it to its previous state....Otherwise i have MAYBE 4k to pay off this one and then im back at square one with no car and no money for a DP.....So with that said, any help as to tips on getting it fixed i could use. thanks
    Last edited by SRivers33; 02-08-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Fixing the frame, while possible, will be very difficult if you don't know what you are doing. Do you know anyone in the body shop business that would help out with the frame? The rest seems pretty straight forward to fix, it's the frame that will be the most difficult. However, even if you can fix the frame, it will never drive the same again.

I know you don't want to hear it, but take the check and start over or buy it back and part it out to make a few extra bucks. The insurance company wont give you money based on its current condition, they look at KBB or NADA values and cut a check based off that. If you do decide to purchase another car, buy the gap insurance on it. It is well worth the couple of bucks it adds to your note.

Edit: Just looking at values for that body style @ 120,000mi (not sure of year), it looks like you might be ok for paying the remainder and maybe have a little left after that.
    Last edited by 10001110101; 02-12-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12