Wash wax and a debadge - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wash wax and a debadge within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Looks better, and yes it's for a cleaner look, I took all the bades off mine and I think it ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks better, and yes it's for a cleaner look, I took all the bades off mine and I think it looks a ton better
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's cool. I personally am a decal fiend. I like to do mods and put decals on things. That's mostly on my bike though, since it is a track bike. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cbr 6-25-12 trackday 002.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	111639

Quote Originally Posted by STI*NG View Post
    What's the deal with debadging the car? Just curious... Is it for a cleaner look?
    Yep. Some dealers put their badges on the car too, and I don't feel like advertising for free.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Yep. Some dealers put their badges on the car too, and I don't feel like advertising for free.
    I guess that might depend on how your experience was with the dealer. I like mine, as they have been very helpful plus their decal is pretty inconspicuous. I also don't mind people knowing that it's an STI.

Looks good! I prefer debadged myself. I only left the STI logo on my trunk. The only bummer was...trying to remove 6 year old badges off at the time. I had a bit of paint scratching...but doesn't look bad though.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

BTW, It does look good. Just not my thing. Though with what mcdbrendan posted about dealer badges, I have seen some from the dealerships that I would take off because they look terrible!

BTW, It does look good. Just not my thing. Though with what mcdbrendan posted about dealer badges, I have seen some from the dealerships that I would take off because they look terrible!
    Exactly the case
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqR,!hoE2sDRSTDoBNwvNHffZ!~~0_35.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	111640

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the debadged look too...I was going to take the subaru emblem off as well until I realized it was bolted on!

You did a good job, looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Exactly the case
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqR,!hoE2sDRSTDoBNwvNHffZ!~~0_35.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	111640
    No arguement on that one sir!

I guess that might depend on how your experience was with the dealer. I like mine, as they have been very helpful plus their decal is pretty inconspicuous. I also don't mind people knowing that it's an STI.
    and in the same light i dont mind people knowing mines a WRX. which is why i left that badge. but i didnt like the cluttered look with IMPREZA is big letters above the wrx badge. but it looked goofy just removing that by itself so i went ahead and took the rest of them off except wrx

Wash wax and a debadge

My STI is completely debadged. I probably would have left the STI for a little, but then I think I would have ultimately removed it anyway. I removed all but my WRX badge on my last car. The WRX symbol lasted only two days.
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    The left side looks odd with the AWD off-center like that
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Looks good! I prefer debadged myself. I only left the STI logo on my trunk. The only bummer was...trying to remove 6 year old badges off at the time. I had a bit of paint scratching...but doesn't look bad though.
    ya i made the noob mistake and put two very small scratches in my paint because i pulled to hard on one side of some letters and pushed the corner into the paint. and before i knew it. little chips. not enough to notice at a glance but i know they are there so it bothers me. im going to touch them up with some dr color chip and hopefully you would have never even knew they were there when im done

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    The left side looks odd with the AWD off-center like that
    ya i thought the same thing after i looked at it. and i pulled that off too. i posted an updated pic farther down in the thread

Here's mine. Added an SPT decal in place of the WRX.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.